Intrinsyc has unveiled a new smaller version of their Snapdragon 820 based Open-Q 820 system-on-module, simply called Open-Q 820 µSOM bringing the module size from 82 x 42mm to 50 x 25mm, while keeping many of the features of the large SoM with 3GB LPDDR4, 32GB UFS 2.0 flash, 802.11ac WiFi, and Bluetooth 4.1. It competes with other small Snapdragon 820 modules such as Inforce 6601 micro SoM.
- SoC – Qualcomm Snapdragon 820 quad core Kryo cores with 2x cores @ up to 2.2GHz, and 2x cores @ up to 1.6GHz, Adreno 530 GPU, Hexagon 680 DSP
- System Memory – 3 GB LPDDR4 @ 1866 MHz
- Storage – 32 GB UFS 2.0 1-lane gear3 flash
- Connectivity – 802.11 b/g/n/ac 2×2 MU-MIMO, Bluetooth 4.1, Qualcomm IZat Gen 8C GPS
- 3x board-to-board connectors with the following interfaces:
- 2x MIPI-DSI 4-lane, 60fps, up to 2560×1600 (single port), 4096×2160 (dual port)
- 1x HDMI 2.0 up to 4096×2160, 60fps
- Audio – 3x I2S, 1x PCM, 6x Analog in, 6x Analog out, 3x Digital mic
- Camera – 3x MIPI-CSI 4-lane, dual ISP, up to 28MP
- USB – USB 3.0 client or host, 1x USB 2.0 host
- 2x PCIe v2.1
- 8x BLSP 4-pin port configurable as I2C, SPI, UART or GPIO
- 1x SDIO
- Power Supply – 3.6V to 4.2V
- Dimension – 50 x 25mm
- Temperature Range – -10°C to +70°C
The company provide Android 7.x Nougat support for the module, as well as Open-Q µ820 Development Kit with the module and a baseboard to get started.
The baseboard exposes two USB 3.0 ports, one HDMI 2.0 port, a display connector, a mini PCIe slot+ SIM card slot, a PCIe 1x slot, three camera connectors, audio in and out headers, digital I/O expansion headers, a micro SD card and more.
Intrinsyc Open-Q 820 µSOM will sell for $239, Open-Q µ820 Development Kit for $579, and become available late February 2017. You’ll more more details on the company’s Open-Q 820 µSOM and Open-Q 820 µSOM Development Kit product pages.
Jean-Luc started CNX Software in 2010 as a part-time endeavor, before quitting his job as a software engineering manager, and starting to write daily news, and reviews full time later in 2011.
|Support CNX Software - Donate via PayPal or become a Patron on Patreon|