Intrinsyc has released several Qualcomm Snapdragon development kits and system-on-modules over the last few years, and the company has now unveiled their first single board computer with Open-Q 600 SBC powered by Snapdragon 600 quad core processor with 2GB RAM and 16GB eMMC flash.
Open-Q 600 specifications:
- SoC – Qualcomm Snapdragon 600 (APQ8064) quad core Krait 300 processor @ 1.7GHz with 2MB L2 cache, Adreno 320 GPU, and Hexagon QDSP6V4 DSP
- System Memory – 2GB PCDDR3 RAM @ 533MHz; dual channel 32-bit
- Storage – 16GB eMMC 4.5 flash, micro SD card slot
- Video Output / Display I/F – HDMI 1.4a port for up to 1080p @ 60Hz, 2-lane MIPI-DSI connector
- Audio – HDMI, 3.5mm stereo headset output with mono input, 3.5mm Mic line in; Qualcomm WCD9311 audio codec
- Camera – 2-lane MIPI-CSI connector supporting 8 MP camera up to WXGA resolution @ 60 fps
- Gigabit Ethernet (RJ45) via Qualcomm AR8151 Gigabit Ethernet controller
- 802.11 a/b/g/n 2×2 dual-band WiFi and Bluetooth 4.0 (Qualcomm QCA6234) with two antenna connectors
- GPS/Glonass via Qualcomm IZat Gen8C (Qualcomm WGR7640) GNSS receiver with one antenna connector
- USB – 2x USB 2.0 host ports, 1x Micro USB 2.0 OTG port
- Expansion – 2x digital IO configurable ports with I2C, SPI, UART, GPIO (I can’t find it on the board unless it is shared with the DSI connector)
- Debugging – 4-pin 1.8V UART debug connector, 20-pin JTAG connector
- Power Supply – 5V DC input; Qualcomm PMM8920 PMIC
- Dimensions – 90 x 85mm
The company supports Android 5.1 Lollipop and Linux for the board, but access to the image, source code, and full documentation requires login with the serial number of your boards. Potential application for OEMs include robotics, medical devices, and industrial applications.
Jean-Luc started CNX Software in 2010 as a part-time endeavor, before quitting his job as a software engineering manager, and starting to write daily news, and reviews full time later in 2011.
|Support CNX Software - Donate via PayPal or become a Patron on Patreon|