Slowly but surely we are starting to see some Intel Gemini Lake products for sale / pre-order such as Intel June Canyon NUC Mini PC/Kits, or Jumper EBook X1 laptop, and if are based in Europe, it’s now possible to purchase ASUS PRIME J4005I-C mini-ITX motherboard for under 80 Euros.
The motherboard is equipped with an Intel Celeron J4005 dual core processor, two U-DIMM slots for up to 8GB RAM, SATA and mSATA for storage, HDMI/RGB/LVDS ports, Gigabit Ethernet, and more.
- SoC – Intel Celeron J4005 dual core processor @ 2.0 / 2.7 GHz with Intel UHD Graphics 600 up to 700 MHz; 10W TDP
- System Memory – 2x U-DIMM sockets up to 8GB DDR4 2400/2133 MHz Non-ECC, Un-buffered Memory
- 2x SATA 6Gb/s ports
- 1x M.2 Socket with M Key, type 2260/2280 storage devices support (PCIe mode)
- 128 Mb Flash ROM for UEFI AMI BIOS
- Video Output
- 1x HDMI 2.0 up to 4096 x 2304 @ 24 Hz
- 1x D-Sub (VGA) up to 1920 x 1200 @ 60 H
- 1x LVDS connector up to 1920 x 1200 @ 60 Hz
- 1x Flat panel display brightness connector
- Supports up to 3 displays simultaneously
- Realtek ALC887-VD2 8-Channel High Definition Audio Codec
- 3x Audio jacks
- 1x S/PDIF out header
- 1x front panel audio connector (AAFP)
- 1x speaker connector
- Connectivity – 1x Gigabit Ethernet via Realtek RTL8111H controller
- 2x USB 3.1 Gen 1 ports
- 2x USB 2.0 ports
- USB 2.0 internal header
- 1x M.2 Socket with E Key, type 2230 WiFi/BT devices support or PCIe/USB mode
- 1x PS/2 keyboard (purple), 1x PS/2 mouse (green)
- 1x COM port (DB9), 1x COM header
- 1x LPT header
- 1x 4-pin Chassis Fan connector
- 1x Chassis Intrusion connector(s)
- 1x Clear CMOS jumper(s)
- 1 x Panel off header
- 1x System panel connector
- ASUS 5X Protection II (LANGuard, Overvoltage Protection,DRAM Overcurrent Protection, Stainless-Steel Back I/O, ESD Guards)
- Power Supply
- 1x 24-pin EATX power connector
- 1x 4-pin ATX 12V power connector
- Dimensions – 170 x 170 mm (mini-ITX form factor).
The motherboard is said to support Windows 10 64-bit or Linux, and ships with a user’s manual, support CD/DVD with drivers,user’s manual…, an I/O Shield, two SATA cables, and an M.2 screw package. ASUS claims the motherboard follows the thin mini-ITX form factor, but the height appears higher than the 2.5cm maximum height normally used for thin Mini-ITX boards. Visit the product page for further details.
Jean-Luc started CNX Software in 2010 as a part-time endeavor, before quitting his job as a software engineering manager, and starting to write daily news, and reviews full time later in 2011.