ITEAD Studio released several wireless switches / sockets with power monitoring capability over the years. Recently they company launched Sonoff S31 smart socket that plugs directly into your AC socket and does not require any wiring, but earlier they introduced Sonoff Pow that is meant to be connected directly into your circuit via terminals.
ITEAD has now launched an upgrade to the latter – Sonoff Pow R2 – with many of the same features, including support for eWelink, but offering 99% measurement accuracy, overload protection defined by the user, and various other features like the ability to export data.
Sonoff Pow R2 (Revision 2) specifications:
- WiSoC – Espressif ESP8266 (TBC)
- Connectivity – 802.11 b/g/n WiFi with WPA/WPA2 support
- Voltage Range – 90 to 250 VAC input
- Max Current – Up to 16A
- Max Power – 3,500 Watts
- Terminals – 6 terminal for mains and load’s ground, live and neutral signals.
- Misc – LEDs for power and WiFi status, power consumption circuitry with 99% accuracy.
- Dimensions – 114 x 52 x 32mm (Fire-retardant ABS V0 enclosure)
- Weight – 91 grams
- Temperature range – 0 ℃ to 40 ℃
With eWelink firmware and Android/iOS app, it can be used as a remote control to turn on/off device, monitor energy usage, shows historical energy consumption, act as a programmable timer (up to 8), and more. Sonoff Pow R2 is also compatible with Google Nest, Google Assistant, Amazon Alexa, and IFTT.
New features include the ability to report live current and voltage – instead of just power -, to set user-defined threshold values for overload protection, and to export of up to 100 days of power usage data.
It’s unclear whether the company has kept exposing a 4-pin header to easily flash alternative firmware like Sonoff-Tasmota or ESPurna.
|Support CNX Software - Donate via PayPal or become a Patron on Patreon|