Rak Wireless has recently launched a new products called RAK8211-NB iTracker based on a Quectel BC95-G NB-IoT module, Nordic Semi nRF52832 Bluetooth 5 chip, and Quectel L70-R GNSS module.
- NB-IoT via Quectel BC95-G (Global) wireless communication module + SIM card socket
- Bluetooth 5 via Nordic Semi nRF52832 Arm Cortex-M4F micro-controller (Arduino compatible)
- GPS/GLONASS via Quectel L70 GNSS module
- LIS3DH 3-axis “nano” accelerometer
- LIS2MDL 3-axis digital magnetic sensor.
- Tilt sensor
- BME280 pressure, humidity and temperature sensor
- OPT3001 intensity of light sensor
- Expansion – 3x headers with SWD, 2x sensor out + tilt out (also usable as GPIO and analog inputs), 3.3V, GND, and reset
- Power Supply – 3.5V to 18V via solar panel (P2) or battery (P3)
- Dimensions – 43mm x 38mm x 18mm
- Temperature Range – 40°C to +85°C
The module ships with a GPS antenna, a “bar” antenna for NB-IoT, a solar panel, some Dupont cables, and jumpers. A JLINK V9 emulator and convertor is also (temporary) included in the kit.
RAK8211-NB iTracker kit sells for $98.40 + shipping on Aliexpress. Rak Wireless also offers another variant of RAK8211 with RAK8211-G based on the most of the same features, except GPRS is used instead of NB-IoT. It is sold for $87.40 + shipping.
Jean-Luc started CNX Software in 2010 as a part-time endeavor, before quitting his job as a software engineering manager, and starting to write daily news, and reviews full time later in 2011.
|Support CNX Software - Donate via PayPal or become a Patron on Patreon|