Amlogic’s USB Burning Tool is a Windows based tool used to upgrade devices based on Amlogic processors over USB. Most devices now implement OTA firmware updates, so in most cases it is not necessary, but if your device has problem to boot, or want to update to a beta software it is often required, although now it is possible to use a micro SD card with Burn Card Maker.
USB Burning Tool is often updated to fix bugs and support new processors, so you may want to check out you have the latest version to avoid any potential issues. Tanix provided a link to USB Burning Tool v2.1.6, which you’ll also find on mirror 1 and mirror 2.
The executable will install the drivers and the utility itself. There’s also a changelog in Chinese. The Google Translation of the changelog may be useful to find out if you want to update your version of the tool:
1. Improve the number of bytes read at a time
2. Improve the processing of Secureboot
1. Support chip 905D2 new process
2. Increase the DDRSize in the Platform.conf configuration and determine the size of the downloaded data according to the size, compatible with the old chip.
1. Change the MAC display problem when burning, and increase the support for BT, Wifi display
1. Removed the underlying multi-usb_reap_async_nocancel try read, multiple asynchronous read process initiated
2. Update the library
3. The language of the version is saved, and the default tool version is selected according to the user’s default installation language
Increase the bottom layer read reads when writing a partition
2. Resolve bugs that show success after some commands fail
1.Key optimization version, burning tool and KeysProvider linkage modification, increase the reporting mechanism of burning Key results, reduce the rollback interface
2. The tool does not save the key independently, and the number of keys is managed by the KeysProvider.
3. Update KeysProvider.dll, add configuration file, user can specify Key path, configurable Key type, convenient to increase support for custom Key
4 tools can be individually configured to overwrite each key
5. Optional image verification configuration, setting whether to check the import image
1 increase the new process of GXL platform, compatible with the old process
2 increase BurnCfgUI.ini used to control the programming of the UI
3. Increase Uboot stage crypto chip judgment
4. Update KeysProvider.dll
5. Update the language library
1 support encryption dtb burning
2 increase Font.ini used to adjust the font of the grid
If you need instructions you can follow our USB Burning Tool How-to.
Jean-Luc started CNX Software in 2010 as a part-time endeavor, before quitting his job as a software engineering manager, and starting to write daily news, and reviews full time later in 2011.
|Support CNX Software - Donate via PayPal or become a Patron on Patreon|