The company is now back with a upgraded model – ACEPC GK1 – that brings another Intel Celeron N4100 mini PC to the market, but with a 4GB/32GB RAM/storage configuration, and a detachable 2.5″ SATA drive bay.
- SoC – Intel Celeron N4100 quad core Gemini Lake processor clocked @ 1.10 GHz / 2.40 GHz (Turbo) with Intel UHD Graphics 600; 6W TDP
- System Memory – 4GB LPDDR4
- Storage – 32GB eMMC flash, 2.5″ SATA bay, M.2 SSD slot, micro SD card slot
- Video Output – 2x HDMI 1.4 ports (but the processor supports HDMI 2.0 natively…)
- Audio – Via HDMI, 3.5mm audio jack
- Connectivity – Gigabit Ethernet, dual band 802.11a/b/g/n/ac WiFi, Bluetooth 4.2
- USB – 2x USB 3.0 ports, 2x USB 2.0 ports. What looks like a USB type C port to connect to hard drive enclosure (see photo below)
- Misc – Power button, LEDs, Kensington lock , reset pinhole
- Power Supply – 18W power supply (12V/1.5A? – TBC)
- Dimensions – 12.80x 12.80 x 3.65 cm
- Weight – 957 grams
As far I know so far most Gemini Lake models with Celeron N4100 processor were fanless, but ACEPC GK1 is actively cooled based on the illustration below.
I found the mini PC on GeekBuying where it is sold for $219.99 shipped. It’s actually listed as a pre-order, but the wait should not be too long, as shipping is scheduled in less than 4 days. I could not find it on Aliexpress or other sites at this time. While looking for more information, I discovered ACEPC GK2 model is also coming with more USB and audio ports, HDMI and VGA video output, and possibly more memory (TBC).
Jean-Luc started CNX Software in 2010 as a part-time endeavor, before quitting his job as a software engineering manager, and starting to write daily news, and reviews full time later in 2011.