ESP32 processor can support PSRAM, and so far I had seen boards or modules with up to 4MB RAM, but if you need more memory, Espressif Systems has now launched ESP32-WROVER-B module with 8MB SPI PSRAM.
- WiSoC – Espressif ESP32-D0WD with dual core processor up to 240 Mhz; 5x5mm package
- 2.4GHz WiFi 802.11 b/g/n up to 150 Mbps
- Bluetooth 4.2 LE
- Two antenna designs: PCB antenna or IPEX connector
- External Memory – 8MB SPI Pseudo Static RAM (PSRAM)
- Storage – 4MB external SPI flash
- I/Os – Capacitive touch, SD card interface, Ethernet, SPI, UART, I2S, I2C, GPIOs, VP/VN, etc…
- Power Supply – 2.7 to 3.6V
- Dimensions – 31.4 x 18.0 x 3.3 mm
- Certifications – FCC/CE-RED/IC/TELEC/KCC/SRRC/NCC
ESP32-WROVER-B should be software compatible with other ESP32 modules. It works ESP-IDF framework based on FreeRTOS with LwIP ( light-weight Internet Protocol). TLS 1.2 hardware acceleration is built-in, and secure OTA firmware upgrade is supported. You’ll find more technical details in the datasheet.
I could only find it for sale on Mouser right now, where it goes for $4.20 per unit (minimum order 650 pieces), but it should soon pop-up on most stores where you can purchase other ESP32 modules.
Jean-Luc started CNX Software in 2010 as a part-time endeavor, before quitting his job as a software engineering manager, and starting to write daily news, and reviews full time later in 2011.