Arduino has just introduced the Arduino PRO Gateway for LoRa based on Raspberry Pi 3 development board, a LoRa gateway mPCIe module, and a metal enclosure.
The strange thing about this product is that it does not feature any Arduino MCU, so why did Arduino design it? That’s because it works as a LoRa gateway for their Arduino MKR WAN 1300 IoT nodes.
The gateway is sold as a kit with a LoRa gateway Embit EMB-LR1301-mPCIe card with SX1301 baseband chipset, an adapter for Raspberry Pi, an aluminum enclosure, a Raspberry Pi 3 model B+, a 5V power supply, an Ethernet cable, and an external antenna.
Specifications for the LoRa part of the gateway:
- Chipset – Semtech SX1301
- Modulation – LoRa Spread Spectrum, FSK, GFSK 868MHz (EU) / 915MHz (US)
- Number of Channels – 8 LoRa Channels
- Operating Frequency – 868MHz (EU) / 915MHz (US)
- Frequency Range – 860MHz to 1020MHz
- Operating Temperature – -40°C to +85°C
- RF Output Power – Up to +27dBm
- Sensitivity – Up to -137dBm
- Interfaces for the LoRa Module – mPCIe (SPI / I2C / UART / GPIOs) :
- Dimensions – 71x40x1mm
- Operating Voltage – +5V
- Additional Features:
- Listen Before Talk (LBT) capability for improved transmission power management
- On-board uFL antenna connector
- FPGA support for LoRa Spectral Scan
The 868 MHz EU version of Arduino Pro Gateway for LoRa is supposed to be up for pre-order for 350 Euros, but I’m always redirected to the US website, even behind an European proxy when I click on the link, showing the gateway is “coming soon”.
Jean-Luc started CNX Software in 2010 as a part-time endeavor, before quitting his job as a software engineering manager, and starting to write daily news, and reviews full time later in 2011.
2 Replies to “Arduino PRO Gateway for LoRa Features Raspberry Pi 3 Board”
Link to the European site works fine for me, no re-direct https://store.arduino.cc/arduino-pro-gateway
There was a project to redo this Lora GW with multiple RTL-SDRs and a rpi, don’t know what is the status of it.