STMicro has just launched a new development kit – STEVAL-FKI001V1 – that integrates two radios, one at 2.4 GHz for Bluetooth Low Energy (BLE), and another sub-GHz radio for LPWAN IoT standards such as Sigfox.
The devkit targets the development of IoT devices such as smart sensors, finders, and trackers for smart-home or smart-building scenarios, asset-tracking, energy-management, smart-farming and industrial monitoring, and control use cases.
STEVAL-FKI001V1 devkit key features & specifications:
- Jorjin WS2118-00 Sigfox & BLE module
- Embedded BlueNRG-132 Bluetooth LE Arm Cortex-M0 SoC with up to +8 dBm BLE RF output power, receiver sensitivity of -88 dBm
- Embedded S2-LPQTR ultra-low power sub-1 GHz transceiver tuned for 826-958 MHz frequency bands
- Up to +16 dBm sub-1GHz RF output power, receiver sensitivity down to -130 dBm
- Modulation schemes: 2-(G)FSK, 4-(G)FSK, OOK, and ASK
- Air data rate from 0.1 to 500 kbps
- Ultra-low power consumption: 7 mA RX, 10 mA TX @ +10 dBm; low duty cycle RX/TX operation mode, automatic acknowledgement, retransmission, and timeout protocol engine
- BALF-NRG-01D3 50 Ω integrated balun, matching network and harmonics filter companion device of BlueNRG-1
- Supply voltage range – 2.0 to 3.6 V
- Dimensions – 24 x 22 x 2.8 mm
- Temperature range – -40 °C to +85 °C
- u.FL RF interface connectors
- USB – 1x micro USB interface for power and programming
- Expansion – Arduino Uno V3 connectors
- Debugging – JTAG debug connectors
- Certifications – RoHS compliant and China RoHS compliant, CE, WEEE
The kit ships with 2.4 GHz and Sub-1 GHz antennas, as well as a micro USB cable. The company also provides an evaluation wireless software package based on BlueNRG-1 and S2-LP.
The board is open source hardware as all/most STMicro development kits, and you’ll find software and hardware resources on the product page. You can also purchase STEVAL-FKI001V1 devkit directly from STMicro or via distributors for $56 and up via the aforelinked product page.
Jean-Luc started CNX Software in 2010 as a part-time endeavor, before quitting his job as a software engineering manager, and starting to write daily news, and reviews full time later in 2011.
|Support CNX Software - Donate via PayPal, become a Patron on Patreon, or buy review samples|