Samsung has just introduced Exynos 7 Series 7904 (aka Exynos 7904) processor designed to bring better photography to mid-range smartphones thanks to an image signal processor supports single-camera resolution of up to 32-megapixels and a triple-camera setup.
Samsung Exynos 7904 specifications:
- CPU – Dual-core Cortex-A73 up to 1.8 GHz, and hexa-core Cortex-A53 up to 1.6 GHz
- GPU – Mali-G71 MP2
- Storage – eMMC 5.1 flash
- Memory – LPDDR4x
- Display – Up to Full HD+ (2400×1080)
- Camera – Rear 32MP, Front 32MP, Dual Camera 16MP+16MP
- Video – Up to 4K 30fps encoding and decoding with HEVC/H.265), H.264 and VP8, and decoding with VP9
- LTE Modem – LTE Cat. 12 3CA 600Mbps (DL) / Cat.13 2CA 150Mbps (UL)
- Connectivity – Wi-Fi 802.11ac, Bluetooth 5.0, FM Radio
- GNSS – GPS, GLONASS, BeiDou, Galileo
- Process – 14nm FinFET Process
Some of the key photography features made possible by the processor are explained in the product page:
With a multi-camera solution, user can take panoramic pictures of a beautiful scenery using wide angle camera or a closed up portrait with a bokeh effect using shallow depth of field. Furthermore, the Exynos 7904 offers diverse image processing technologies such as scene adaptive color control, video image stabilization, and multi-frame image processing for sharper image and better color accuracy. The processor also supports zero-shutter lag and phase-detection auto-focus to capture that special moment in an instant before it passes by.
The press release also mentions the processor is already in mass-production and especially tailored to the Indian market.
Jean-Luc started CNX Software in 2010 as a part-time endeavor, before quitting his job as a software engineering manager, and starting to write daily news, and reviews full time later in 2011.
|Support CNX Software - Donate via PayPal, become a Patron on Patreon, or buy review samples|