There are plenty of IoT gateways to play with, but if your gateway needs to operate in rough environments, like outdoors or on a boat, you’d need to find one that is water and dust proof event for your environment.
AAEON AIOT-IP6801 IoT gateway should meet most people requirements with IP68 ingress protection rating, an Intel Apollo Lake processor, up to 4GB memory, 32GB eMMC flash, built-in support for Ethernet, WiFi 802.11ac and Bluetooth 4.0, as well as optional support for LoRa, 3G/4G LTE, and IQRF connectivity.
AAEON AIOT-IP6801 IP68 IoT gateway specifications:
- SoC (one or the other)
- Intel Atom E3940 quad-core processor clocked at 1.6 GHz / 1.8 GHz (Turbo) with a 12 EU Intel HD Graphics 500; 9.5W TDP
- Intel Celeron N3350 dual-core processor clocked at 1.1 GHz / 2.4 GHz (Turbo) with a 12 EU Intel HD Graphics 500; 6W TDP
- Memory – 2GB or 4GB LPDDR4 memory
- Storage – 32GB eMMC flash
- Display – HDMI
- Ethernet – 1x Gigabit Ethernet via either Realtek 8111G (N3350 – Standard temperature range) or Intel i211 (E3940 – Wide temperature range)
- Wi-Fi 5 801.11ac
- Bluetooth 4.0
- Optional LoRa transceiver at 868 or 915 MHz
- 4x antenna connectors
- USB – 1x USB 3.0 port
- Serial – 2x RS-232/422/485 COM ports (M12 connectors)
- 1x Mini PCIe card
- 1x Sim Card
- Misc – Reset button, GND screw,
- Power Supply
- 5V DC in
- POE – IEEE802.3 AT Standard, Max 25W Power Supply
- Dimensions – 239.40 x 159.40 x 69.40 mm
- Weight – 2.5kg (net)
- Temperature Range
- Operating – -20°C ~ 70°C (E3940), 0°C ~ 50°C (N3350)
- Storage – -20°C ~ 70°C
- Storage Humidity – 5~95% @ 40°C, non-condensing
- Anti-Vibration – 3 Grms /5 ~500Hz/Operation
- IP – IP68
- Certification – CE, FCC Class A
The gateway is designed for wall mounting, and supports Microsoft Windows 10 (full), Windows IOT Core, Linux ubilinux, Ubuntu, and Yocto Linux. Typical applications would include energy metering, air monitoring, and transportation.
For this type of product, I would normally write that price has not been made public, but not in this case since AAEON listed their wide temperature range IP68 model with an Atom E3940 processor, 4GB RAM for $880.00 on their online store. The price includes one gateway and two antennas, with the 5V/6A power supply, and various waterproof cables (Ethernet, COM, Power, and HDMI) being sold separately, but apparently not available for purchase online.
Jean-Luc started CNX Software in 2010 as a part-time endeavor, before quitting his job as a software engineering manager, and starting to write daily news, and reviews full time later in 2011.
|Support CNX Software - Donate via PayPal or cryptocurrencies, become a Patron on Patreon, or buy review samples|