Taiwan based Technexion has introduced several new products at Embedded World 2019 including two new SoM families: AXON and FLEX. AXON is a product family of small form factor (58 x 37 mm) modules designed for specialized embedded applications requiring extra I/O flexibility, while FLEX series is a low-cost family making use of the standard LPDDR4 SO-DIMM connector.
Specifically, the company launched new AXON and FLEX modules powered by NXP i.MX 8M Mini processor with AXON-IMX8M-MINI featuring AXON Fabric programmable logic, a specialized IC that provides additional functions including nearly infinite pinmuxing, and FLEX-IMX8M-MINI that offers HD multimedia streaming and integrated 3D graphics for cost sensitive applications.
AXON-IMX8M-MINI SoM specifications:
- SoC – NXP i.MX 8M Mini Solo, Dual or Quad Arm Cortex-A53+M4 processor
- FPGA – “Axon Fabric” making use of a Lattice MachXO3LF FPGA with 2100 LUTs (LookUp Tables)
- System Memory – Up to 4GB LPDDR4 RAM
- Storage – Up to 64GB eMMC flash
- Networking – Gigabit Ethernet transceiver, optional QCA9377 802.11 n/g/n/ac WiFi 5 & Bluetooth 4.1 module
- 3x board-to-board connectors with various I/Os including:
- 4-lane MIPI DSI
- 4-lane MIPI CSI-2
- 2x USB 2.0 OTG port
- 2x I2S
- 7-bit SDIO
- 2x CAN through AXON Fabric
- 3x UART, 2x SPI, 4x I2C, 90+ GPIO
- Dimensions – 58 x 37 mm
There’s no pricing information yet for this item, and the AXON page has yet be setup on TechNexion website, but a catalog with more details is available, where you’ll also find out AXON-PI, a baseboard following Raspberry Pi form factor and supporting AXON SoM’s.
- SoC – NXP i.MX8M Mini Quad with 4x Arm Cortex A53 processor @ 1.8GHz, an Arm Cortex-M4 real-time core, Vivante GC7000Lite 3D GPU, 1080p240 H.264 video decoder, 1080p120 H.264 video encoder
- System Memory – 1, 2, 3 or 4GB LPDDR4
- Storage – 16GB eMMC flash
- Built-in Networking
- 1x Atheros AR8035 Gigabit transceiver
- 1x optional Qualcomm Atheros QCA9377 with Wi-Fi 5 (802.11 a/b/g/n/ac) and Bluetooth 4.1 (BR+EDR+BLE); MHF4 antenna connector
- LPDDR4 SO-DIMM connector exposing
- 4-lane MIPI CSI, MIPI DSI
- USB, USB OTG
- UART, SPI, I²C,PWM, GPIO
- Debug Interface – JTAG Interface by through-hole
- Power Supply – 5V DC +/-5%; ROHM BD71847 PMIC
- Dimensions – 69.6 x 35 mm
- Temperature Range – Commercial: 0° to +60° C
- Relative Humidity – 10 to 90 %
- MTBF – >100 000 Hours
- Shock – 15G half-sine 11 ms duration
- Vibration – 1 Grms random 5-500Hz hr/axis
I could not see any baseboard / carrier board for the FLEX SoMs at the time of writing, but the modules are available now with pricing starting at $77.50 and going up to $137.50 depending on RAM capacity and whether the Qualcomm Atheros QCA9377 wireless module is soldered on the module or not.
Jean-Luc started CNX Software in 2010 as a part-time endeavor, before quitting his job as a software engineering manager, and starting to write daily news, and reviews full time later in 2011.