Dresden-Elektronik has released a new ZigBee USB dongle/stick called ConBee II (a.k.a. ConBee 2) as a direct replacement the first-generation version, as well as the new Phoscon Gateway Raspberry Pi based Zigbee Hub. Beside new Zigbee hardware, the company has also released a new version of deCONZ graphical user interface used to set up and control any ZigBee network without any programming, as well as a new corresponding “Phoscon App” mobile app for home automation control.
The new “ConBee II” ZigBee USB dongle/stick features improved signal amplifier with longer radio range, and is based on a 32-bit Arm Cortex-M0 microcontroller (Microchip ATSAMR21E18A) instead of an 8-bit AVR based MCU.
- Connectivity – 2.4 GHz Zigbee USB Gateway
- Philips Hue, IKEA Trådfri, OSRAM Lightify, XIAOMI Aqara and many other Zigbee items
- Zigbee Home Automation, Zigbee Light Link, Zigbee 3.0
- Dimensions – 60 x 18 x 9 mm
The USB gateway does not require registration and connection to any cloud services, or even Internet access. You’ll just need to plug into a computer, laptop, Raspberry Pi, or mini PC running either Windows 7/10, Ubuntu Linux, Raspbian and Docker.
- SBC – Raspberry Pi 3 board
- Storage – microSD card slot
- 2.4 GHz Zigbee IEEE 802.15.4
- Up to 200 participants can be integrated in the network.
- WiFi + Bluetooth
- 10/100M Ethernet
- USB – 4x USB 2.0 ports
- Power Supply – 5V/2A via micro USB port
- Temperature Range – -20 °C to +55 °C
The Phoscon Gateway has the same Zigbee compatibility as the USB dongle, and can be controlled using deCONZ GUI that can be integrated into Home Assistant, as well as the web based Phoscon mobile app.
Thanks to Harley for the tip.
Jean-Luc started CNX Software in 2010 as a part-time endeavor, before quitting his job as a software engineering manager, and starting to write daily news, and reviews full time later in 2011.
|Support CNX Software - Donate via PayPal or become a Patron on Patreon|