VideoStrong has launched many Amlogic based Android TV boxes with one or two digital TV tuners, often under the Mecool brand, over the years. But their latest Mecool K6 set-top box features instead an HiSilicon Hi3798M processor with GB RAM, 16GB storage, and two independent tuners supporting DVB-T2/T/C and DVB-S2 standards for respectively terrestrial & cable TV, and satellite.
Meecool K6 set-top box specifications:
- SoC – Hisilicon Hi3798M quad-core Arm Cortex-A53 processor, Arm Mali 450MP GPU
- System memory – 2GB DDR3
- Storage – 16GB eMMC Flash, microSD card slot up to 32GB
- Video Output – HDMI 2.0 up to 4K/2K with HDCP2.2, HDR; AV port (composite)
- HiVXE 2.0 Processing Engine
- 10-bit H.265/HEVC, H.264 AVC, 10-bit VP9 up to 4Kx2K @ 60 fps
- Encode – H.265 up to 1080p30 or 2x 720p30 fps
- HDR – HDR10 & HLG
- Audio Output – HDMI digital audio, stereo audio via AV port, optical S/PDIF
- DVB-S2 (ETS 302 307) tuner
- DVB-T2 (ETSIEN 302 755) + DVB-C (ETSI EN300 429 V1.2.1) tuner
- Coaxial RF input, F-type RF input
- Unicable support
- Connectivity – 10/100M Ethernet, dual band 802.11 b/g/n/ac WiFi 5 + Bluetooth 4.1 with external antenna
- USB – 1x USB 2.0 port, 1x USB 3.0 port
- Misc – Power/standby LED, front panel display
- Power Supply – 12V/1A
- Dimensions – 16.20 x 12.10 x 2.90 cm
- Weight – 234 grams
The box runs Android 7.0 operating system (not the Android TV version), and ships with an HDMI cable, an IR remote control, a power adapter, and a user manual. It looks like the DTV app for the tuners and found in Amlogic boxes have been ported to HiSilicon too. If that’s indeed the same app, you can check out our previous posts and videos about the DTV setup part as well as watching live channels, accessing EPG, etc.. from satellite dish or terrestrial antenna. StbEmu app for compatibility with Stalker MAG25x IPTV middleware is also includes.
Jean-Luc started CNX Software in 2010 as a part-time endeavor, before quitting his job as a software engineering manager, and starting to write daily news, and reviews full time later in 2011.