We first covered products from Aconno is 2017 with their Bluetooth LE development board powered by the company’s ACN52832 BLE module based on Nordic Semi nRF52832 ARM Cortex-M4 multi-procotol wireless SoC.
Since then they’ve launched several small Bluetooth beacon modules based on ACN52832, and the company has what they call a presale promotion until May 21st, but it looks really like a group buying event for their existing BLE modules where the price goes down as more people purchase modules.
Six Bluetooth modules are offered:
- acnSENSA multisensor Bluetooth tag with temperature, light, humidity, barometer, accelerometer, magnetometer, gyroscope
- acnBEACON programmable Bluetooth tag
- acnACT BLE beacon with button and RGD LED, magnetometer, phototransistor
- acnNFC programmable Bluetooth tag with NFC tag emulator
- acnRANGE distance measuring beacon with time-of-flight sensor
- acnFIND Bluetooth smart tag with LED, sound and accelerometer
All modules come with a replaceable CR2450 battery, and IP65 enclosure. Pricing currently ranges from 15.96 Euros (Net) to 29.40 Euros (Net), but price may go down if more people order before May 21.
The company is also offering their bare modules with ACN52832 Bluetooth 5 module, and ACN52840 Bluetooth 5 long range module powered by nRF52840 WiSoC priced at respectively 9.24 and 10.08 Euros (Net), or 10.99 and 11.99 Euros including VAT.
The modules can be reprogrammed through Tag-Connect interface and aconno’s ACNPROG USB programmer, and an open source Android demo apps have been released on Github (Sensorics ACNSENSA Demo App and BleDemo). The firmware is based on FreeRTOS, but I can’t locate the source code so it may not be open. Developers resources for the Bluetooth modules can be found here.
Jean-Luc started CNX Software in 2010 as a part-time endeavor, before quitting his job as a software engineering manager, and starting to write daily news, and reviews full time later in 2011.
|Support CNX Software - Donate via PayPal, become a Patron on Patreon, or buy review samples|