We can now add another LWPAN standard to the list, as Sony has developed ELTRES wireless communication standard suitable for IoT networks, and announced their CXM1501GR ELTRES module with a range of over 100km, even while traveling at 100km/h.
Key features and specifications:
- ELTRES Connectivity
- Antenna radiated power – 20mW
- Communication direction – Uplink only
- Frequency – 923.6 MHz to 928.0 MHz (23-channel frequency hopping)
- Main modulation system – π/2 Shift BPSK
- Sub-modulation system – Linear chirp modulation
- Transmission system – Four repeated transmissions of 0.4 sec or shorter packets
- Reduction of interference with other systems – CSMA (Carrier Sense Multiple Access)
- Error correction code – LDPC (Low Density Parity Check) code
- Effective rate – Number of transmission bits / total transmission time
80 bps (Channel rate: 6.35 kbps)
- Reception sensitivity – -142dBm
- GNSS – High-sensitivity, low-power GNSS LSI for compatibility with GPS, GLONASS, and QZSS
- Host Interface – UART
- Security function – Included
- Voltage – 2.0V
- Dimensions – 16 x 16 x 2.0 mm
- Package – 65-pin LGA (0.5mm pitch)
- Certification – Radio Act of Japan (007-AG0043)
ELTRES wireless standard can be used for all sort of monitoring & tracking applications including bicycle rentals, landslides reports, yacht race tracking, location monitoring of drones and so on.
Jean-Luc started CNX Software in 2010 as a part-time endeavor, before quitting his job as a software engineering manager, and starting to write daily news, and reviews full time later in 2011.