Back in 2017, Boardcon introduced EM3399 single board computer powered by a Rockchip RK3399 processor through the company’s PICO3399 SO-DIMM system-on-module.
They’ve now designed another RK3399 SBC – Idea3399 – comprised of a baseboard and module, but instead of re-using the SO-DIMM module, CM3399 system-on-module with castellated holes was used instead. The new board comes with many of the same features as their first board but adds an M.2 NVMe SSD slot and mPCIe socket for 4G LTE modem on the back of the board.
Key features and specifications:
- SoC – Rockchip RK3399 dual Cortex-A72 @ 1.8GHz + quad Cortex-A53 @ 1.4GHz
- System Memory – 4GB LPDDR4
- Storage – 8GB eMMC flash
- 202 castellated pin (1.3mm pitch) with USB2.0 host, USB3.0 host, USB OTG, UART, MIPI, Ethernet, SPI, HDMI out, I2C, I2S, PCI Express, SDIO, SD/MMC, eDP, Camera, PWM, ADC IN, etc…
- Power – Supply Voltage: 5V; RK808 PMU
- Dimensions – 55 x 50mm (8 Layers, complying with EMS/EMI)
The module comes with Android 7.1.2 preinstalled and targets AIoT applications such as intelligent interactive devices, personal computers, and robots. The Android BSP is based on Linux 4.4.126 and the cross-compilation toolchain runs on Ubuntu 16.04.
Idea3399 SBC specifications:
- SoM – CM3399 module described above
- Storage – MicroSD card slot, M.2 2280 NVMe SSD slot
- Video Output / Display I/F
- 1x mini Display Port
- 1x HDMI 2.0 port up to 4Kp60
- Up to 2x MIPI DSI interface for LCD (1x multiplexed with MIPI CSI)
- Audio – Realtek ALC5651 Audio CODEC, 3.5mm jack for headphone, 14-pin header for MIC Array, digital audio via HDMI
- Camera – Up to 2x MIPI CSI interface for 13MP camera (1x multiplexed with MIPI DSI); Optional OV13850 camera sensor (13MP)
- Gigabit Ethernet (RTL8211E)
- Dual-band (2.4GHz/5GHz) 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac WiFi 5 and Bluetooth 4.1
- Optional 3G/4G LTE mPCIe card + SIM card slot
- USB – 1x USB2.0 host port, 2x USB 3.0 Type-C ports
- 4-wire UART1 (Multiplexed signal with Ethernet), 1x 8pin connector
- 3-pin debug UART2
- 4-wire UART3 (Multiplexed signal with Ethernet), 1x 4pin connector
- Expansion Headers – 8-pin for SPI
- Misc – IR receiver; recovery, power and reset buttons; CR1220 battery for RTC
- Power Supply – DC 5V/3A or 3.6V~12.8V Li-Ion battery; 2x 5-pin power header; 2×4-pin PoE header
- Dimensions – 135mm x 90mm
None of the software and related documentation is available publicly, but they do have some hardware documentation and datasheets which you’ll find on the product pages for the SoM and SBC respectively. Pricing has not been made public, but I understand the board and module have been available since late July.
Jean-Luc started CNX Software in 2010 as a part-time endeavor, before quitting his job as a software engineering manager, and starting to write daily news, and reviews full time later in 2011.
One Reply to “Boardcon Idea3399 Features-Rich SBC Comes with M.2 NVMe SSD and 4G LTE PCIe Sockets”
I’m looking for a board with a buildable Android source set that can actually build.
This one has nice hardware specs, but no source. not so good.