Six new Intel Gemini Lake Refresh processors were just announced a couple of weeks ago, and some of the first systems to feature the processor are part of FUJTISU Thin Client FUTRO family.
Three models based on the new processors have been introduced with namely FUTRO S9010, S7010, and S5010 thin clients, all passively-cooled, running either eLux RP or Windows 10 IoT Entreprise, and equipped with SO-DIMM slots, M.2 SSD storage, six USB ports, Gigabit Ethernet, and two DisplayPort outputs.
Beside the processor, the three thin clients share mostly share the same specifications, especially S5010 and S7010, and S9010 does add a few features:
- FUTRO S9010 – Intel Pentium Silver J5040 quad-core GLK Refresh processor @ 2.0 GHz (up to 3.2 GHz) with Intel UHD Graphics 605; 10W TDP
- FUTRO S7010 – Intel Celeron J4125 quad-core GLK Refresh processor @ 2.0 GHz (up to 2.7 GHz) with Intel UHD Graphics 600 ; 10W TDP
- FUTRO S5010 – Intel Celeron J4025 dual-core GLK Refresh processor @ 2.0 GHz (up to 2.9 GHz) with Intel UHD Graphics 600; 10W TDP
- System Memory
- S9010 – 2 GB to 16 GB via SO-DIMM supporting DDR4 @ 2400 MHz
- S7010 & S5010 – 2 GB to 8 GB via SO-DIMM supporting DDR4 @ 2400 MHz
- Storage – 64GB M.2 SSD, and 128GB M.2 SSD
- Video Output – 2x DisplayPort 1.2a
- 3.5mm audio jacks for headphone and microphone
- Realtek ALC671 audio codec
- S9010 – 1x LINE In, 1x LINE Out
- S7010 & S5010 – 1x LINE In
- Connectivity – 1x Gigabit Ethernet, optional Intel Wireless-AX 200 WLAN
- USB – 2x USB 3.0 ports, 1x USB 3.0 Type-C OTG port, 4x USB 2.0 ports, 1x internal header for up to 2x USB 2.0 interfaces
- Serial – 2x (S9010) or 1x (S7010) RS-232 DB9 COM port(s)
- 1x Kensington Lock support
- FUTRO S9010 only – 2x PS/2 mouse/keyboard connectors
- Dimensions, Weight, Motherboard model
- S9010 – 250x 193 x 52mm | 1048 grams | D3543-A2 mini- ITX motherboard
- S7010 – 165 x 147 x 36 mm | 575 grams | D3544-A2 mini-STX motherboard
- S5010 – 165 x 147 x 36 mm | 575 grams | D3544-B2 mini-STX motherboard
Those are thin-client systems designed for the enterprise with support for Cloud Client Computing, SBC- and VDI- scenarios. We’ll need to wait a little longer for consumer-oriented Gemini Lake Refresh mini PCs.
More details may be found on FUJITSU’s products page.
Jean-Luc started CNX Software in 2010 as a part-time endeavor, before quitting his job as a software engineering manager, and starting to write daily news, and reviews full time later in 2011.
|Support CNX Software - Donate via PayPal or become a Patron on Patreon|