Intel Gemini Lake processors were first introduced in 2017, and we’ve gotten some interesting low-power mini PCs as well as SBCs such as ODROID-H2, albeit it was not with troubles since the processors were unavailable for several months.
Production of Gemini Lake processors resumed a few months ago, and now the company has announced Gemini Lake Refresh family with 6 new processors.
This includes three 6W mobile “N-series” processors…
… and three 10W desktop “J-series” processors.
Since those are “refresh” processors each new part improves on existing SKU’s with increased frequencies as noted by Liliputing. See the list of Gemini Lake and Gemini Lake Refresh processors below with the latter highlighted in bold.
- Celeron N4000 – Dual-core processor @ 1.1 GHz (base) /2.6 GHz (boost)
- Celeron N4020 – Dual-core processors @ 1.1 GHz /2.8 GHz
- Celeron N4100 – Quad-core processor @ 1.1 GHz /2.4 GHz
- Celeron N4120 – Quad-core processor @ 1.1 GHz /2.6 GHz
- Pentium Silver N5000 – Quad-core processor @ 1.1 GHz /2.7 GHz
- Pentium Silver N5030 – Quad-core processor @ 1.1 GHz /3.1 GHz
- Celeron J4005 – Dual-core processor @ 2.0 GHz /2.7 GHz
- Celeron J4025 – Dual-core processor @ 2.0 GHz /2.9 GHz
- Celeron J4105 – Quad-core processor @ 1.5 GHz /2.5 GHz
- Celeron J4125 – Quad-core processor @ 2.0 GHz /2.7 GHz
- Pentium Silver J5005 – Quad-core processor @ 1.5 GHz /2.8 GHz
- Pentium Silver J5040 – Quad-core processor @ 2.0 GHz /3.2 GHz
Most processors only get a slight increase in boost frequency, so performance improvements should be minimal. Celeron J4125 and Pentium Silver J5040 processor should get a bigger boost since base frequency went up to 2.0 GHz. As far as I can tell, the GPU frequency and all other key features remain unchanged.
Thanks to Anonymous for the tip.
Jean-Luc started CNX Software in 2010 as a part-time endeavor, before quitting his job as a software engineering manager, and starting to write daily news, and reviews full time later in 2011.
|Support CNX Software - Donate via PayPal or cryptocurrencies, become a Patron on Patreon, or buy review samples|