Rikomagic is mostly known for its Android mini PCs and TV boxes, but in recent years they’ve started offering solutions for digital signage, and their latest product is Rikomagic D02 digital signage player running Android 7.1 on a Rockchip RK3288 processor and offering either WiFi or 4G LTE cellular connectivity.
Rikomagic DS02 specifications:
- SoC – Rockchip RK3288 quad-core Arm Cortex-A17 processor @ up to 1.8GHz
GPU with Mali-T760 MP GPU
- System Memory – 2GB RAM
- Storage – 16GB flash, MicroSD card socket
- Video Output
- HDMI 2.0 up to 4K @ 60 Hz (Note 60Hz support may depend on your TV supporting CbCr 4:4:4 or RGB 4:4:4 modes)
- Internal reserved pins for LVDS, and backlight
- Touch panel support via USB only
- Audio – 3.5mm headphone jack, digital audio via HDMI; optional MIC
- Gigabit Ethernet with WoL support
- Dual-band 802.11b/g/n/ac WiFi 5
- 4G LTE with Micro SIM card slot
- Note 4G LTE and WiFI appear to be mutually exclusive, so only one option is available at a time (TBC)
- USB – 2x USB 2.0 host ports, 1x USB OTG port
- Misc – RTC
- Power Supply – 12V DC via power barrel jack
- Dimensions – 140 x 147 x 30mm with antenna, 140 x 114 x 30mm without antenna (metal case)
- Weight – TBD
- Temperature Range – 0° to 70°C
As mentioned in the introduction, the digital signage player runs Android 7.1, and just like with their MK25 DS player, the OS supports features such a time on/off via RTC, screen rotation by 0°, 90°, 180° or 270°, and on-request firmware customization.
Rikomagic DS02 ships with a power adapter, remote control, and an HDMI cable by default. Cellular connectivity is especially useful in cases where WiFi or Ethernet network connectivity is not feasible such as digital signage in vehicles like buses or trains. The operating temperature range of the player makes it however impractical in cold and moderate climates where the temperature usually drops below zero in winter.
DS02 digital signage player is available now with a minimum order quantity (MOQ) of 500 pieces. For more details and inquiries, check out the product page.