If you like tiny boards with Ethernet, TTGO T-Lite W5500 development board may be an interesting option, as the ESP32 board comes with a built-in OLED, and female headers to connect an Ethernet add-on board called W5500 Gateway Module.
LilyGO TTGO T-Lite W5500 specifications:
- SoC – Espressif System ESP32 dual-core WiFi and Bluetooth SoC with 520KB SRAM
- Storage – 4MB flash
- Display – 0.96-inch OLED display (SSD1306 driver)
- 802.11 b/g/n WiFi 4 up to 150 Mbps, and Bluetooth 5.x BR/LE via ESP32 SoC, on-board ceramic antenna or external antenna (selectable with a resistor?)
- Optional Ethernet via SPI Ethernet board based on Wiznet W5500
- USB – 1x USB Type-C port for power and programming via CP2104 USB to TTL chip
- 8+6 through holes with GPIOs, SPI, ADC, Touch, 5V, 3.3V, GND
- Operating voltage – 2.7V-3.6V
- Misc – Boot & Reset button, 40MHz crystal oscillator
- Power Supply – 5V/1A via USB-C port
- Temperature range – -40°C ~ +85°C
- Dimensions – 29.5×23.8 mm
- Weight – 4.5grams
- Certifications – FCC/CE-RED/IC/TELEC/KCC/SRRC/NCC for ESP32 chip, but maybe not for the board
You’ll find PDF schematics and Arduino client/server samples on Github. Note they had to modify the Ethernet library for Arduino for the Web server sample, so you’d have to copy libdeps directory from Github into the libraries directory of your Arduino IDE installation.
ESP32 T-Lite board is sold for $9.43 on Aliexpress with unsoldered female headers, and you’d need to add an extra $4.93 to get the Ethernet expansion board.
Jean-Luc started CNX Software in 2010 as a part-time endeavor, before quitting his job as a software engineering manager, and starting to write daily news, and reviews full time later in 2011.
|Support CNX Software - Donate via PayPal or become a Patron on Patreon|