We’ve written about several ESP32 POE boards in the past including wESP32, but there’s now another one with LilyGO TTGO T-Internet-POE board offering Fast Ethernet, PoE, as well as WiFI and Bluetooth connectivity through ESP32-WROVER-B module.
TTGO T-Internet-POE specifications:
- Wireless Module – ESP32-WROVER-B with ESP32 dual-core WiSoC, 4MB flash, 8MB PSRAM
- Storage – MicroSD card socket
- 2.4 GHz 802.11b/g/n WiFi 4 and Bluetooth 5.1 via ESP32
- 10/100M Ethernet via LAN8720A Ethernet PHY
- Expansion – Unpopulated I/O header with UART, SPI, I2C, PWM, I2S, ADC; 3.3V I/O voltage
- Debugging / Programming
- Serial port via USB-C port and CP2104 USB to TTL chip (TBC)
- 6-pin programming interface with Tx/Rx, IO0, Reset, 3.3V and GND
- Misc – BOOT and reset buttons, 32.768MHz crystal oscillator
- Power Supply
- 5V via USB-C port up
- 50V PoE via Pulse PA2369NL transformer and HanRun HR861153C PoE compliant RJ45 jack
- SI3404 power management chip
- Dimensions – 70 x 52.3 x 17mm
- Weight – 26.85 grams
- Temperature range – -40°C to +85°C
There’s no much in terms of software apart from an Arduino Sketch initializing Ethernet and connecting to Baidu.
I’m not sure why the 6-pin programming interface is needed, but a separate CH340C based “Downloader” board with Micro USB and USB-C ports is sold as an option with the board. ESP32 should be programmable via the USB-C port unless the specs are wrong, and there isn’t any on-board CP2104 chip… The board photos are not clear enough to confirm…
LilyGO TTGO T-Internet-POE board is sold with a dual-row header for GPIO pin on Aliexpress for $15.77 plus shipping. The Downloader board found on the same page adds $1.15 to the total.
Jean-Luc started CNX Software in 2010 as a part-time endeavor, before quitting his job as a software engineering manager, and starting to write daily news, and reviews full time later in 2011.
|Support CNX Software - Donate via PayPal or become a Patron on Patreon|