We’ve recently covered a few products or solutions designed to report indoor air quality (IAQ) including ESPurna firmware getting support for BME680 precise indoor air quality measurements and Metriful Sense indoor environment monitor for Arduino and Raspberry Pi.
Avnet has now introduced its own Raspberry Pi IAQ add-on board with “Renesas ZMOD4410 Indoor Air Quality HAT for Raspberry Pi” capable of measuring VOC (volatile organic compounds), humidity and temperature, as well as estimating carbon dioxide (eCO2) levels.
- Sensor – Renesas ZMOD4410 TVOC / IAQ I2C sensor, Renesas HS3001 relative humidity & temperature I2C sensor
- Misc – Power LED; software-controlled status LEDs for “sample active” and “limit”
- Host Interface – 20-header for Raspberry Pi with configurable alarm/interrupt output
- Supply via header
- Jumper for supply voltage selection between 1.75V and 3.9V (default: 3.3V)
- Test points to measure ZMOD4410 current consumption
If you’d like to build your own application, you’ll have to download ZMOD algorithm libraries and related confidential data separately, because just like Sensortec Environmental Cluster (BSEC) Software, the Renesas algorithm libraries for ZMOD gas sensors that return TVOC and eCO2 data require the user to accept the terms and conditions of Renesas’ Software License Agreement. You’ll need to go to the sensor’s product page to download those libraries and data.
Target applications include smart home appliances, smart thermostats, smart fans, smoke alarms, vacuum cleaners, HVAC controls, air purifiers. building automation, and so on.