The new Tiger Lake UP3 embedded processors have enabled industrial mini PCs and motherboards to get higher-end features including 2.5 GbE, WiFI 6, USB 4.0, and support for up to four independent 4K displays.
ASRock industrial already unveiled ASRock iBOX 1100 rugged mini PC last month, but the company is now back with an even more compact Tiger Lake UP3 mini PC that offers quad 4K video output, 2.5GbE, and WiFi 6 connectivity. Meet ASRock NUC 1100 BOX Series industrial computer designed for entertainment, gaming, office collaboration, content creation, retail, and business applications.
ASRock NUC 1100 specifications:
- NUC BOX-1165G7 – Intel Core i7-1165G7 quad-core/octa-thread Tiger Lake UP3 processor @ up to 1.2 GHz / 4.7 GHz (Turbo) with 96EU Iris Xe Graphics; 15W TDP (Configurable between 12 and 28W)
- NUC BOX-1135G7 – Intel Core i5-1135G7 quad-core/octa-thread Tiger Lake UP3 processor @ up to 0.9 GHz / 4.2 GHz (Turbo) with 80EU Iris Xe Graphics; 15W TDP (Configurable between 12 and 28W)
- NUC BOX-1115G4 – Intel Core i3-1115G4 dual-core/quad-thread Tiger Lake UP3 embedded processor @ up to 1.7 GHz / 4.1 GHz (Turbo) with with 48EU Intel UHD Graphics; 15W TDP (Configurable between 12 and 28W)
- System Memory – 2x 260-pin SO-DIMM socket for up to 64GB dual-channel DDR4 3200 MHz
- 1x SATA 3.0 port
- 1x M.2 Key-M 2242/2260/2280 socket with PCIe x4 and SATA3 for MVMe/SATA SSD; Note: M.2 Key M 2280 supported by bracket
- 256 Mbit SPI flash for AMI UEFI/BIOS
- Video Output
- HDMI 2.0a up to 4096×2160 @ 60Hz
- DisplayPort 1.4, DP++ up to 4096×2160 @ 60Hz
- 2x DisplayPort 1.4 outputs via USB-C ports
- Quad 4K display support
- Realtek ALC233 High-Definition audio codec.
- 1x 3.5mm headphone & microphone jack
- 2.5Gbps Ethernet (RJ45) via Intel I225LM
- Gigabit Ethernet (RJ45) via Intel I219V
- Intel WiFI 6 AX200 M.2 card
- 3x USB 3.2 Gen2 Type-A port
- 2x USB 3.2 Gen2 Type-C ports with support for DP1.4 display output
- Note: USB4 compliance test pending
- 1x M.2 (Key E, 2230) with PCIe x1, USB 2.0 for Wireless
- 1x M.2 (KEY M, 2242/2260/2280) with PCIe x4 and SATA3 for SSD
- Misc – Watchdog timer, Kensington lock
- Power Supply – 12V-19V DC-in jack; AT/ATX support (AT: power on automatically, ATX: press button to power on)
- Dimensions – 117.5 x 110 x 47.85 mm (plastic enclosure)
- Weight – 1.0 kg
- Temperature range – Operating: 0ºC ~ 40ºC; storage: -40° C – 85° C
- Humidity – 5% ~ 90%
- Certifications – CE, FCC Class A
The specifications are nearly identical to ASRock iBOX 1100 rugged computer, probably because it’s using the same NUC 1100 embedded motherboards, but instead of embedded processors, ASRock NUC 1100 features Intel Tiger Lake UP3 processors that were launched a little earlier. The new model is smaller as it lacks the expansion board with RS-232, and lighter because of the smaller size and the plastic enclosure.
Anandtech also points out the external design and port assignment are exactly the same as ASRock 4X4 BOX-4800U mini PC based on AMD Ryzen 7 4800U processor as shown above except there aren’t any USB 2.0 ports since all are USB 3.2 Gen2 ports. ASRock only provides (beta) drivers for Windows 10 64-bit, so it’s unclear whether Linux is properly supported.