Earlier today, Intel announced the Elkhart Lake IoT edge processor family, and as well as more 15W Tiger Lake Core i3/i5/i7 UP3 processors designed for IoT & embedded applications, and with a configurable TDP from 12W to 28W.
ADLINK Technology is leveraging existing and those new Tiger Lake UP3 processors with the cExpress-TL COM Express Type 6 module based on the various Intel Core i7/i5/i3 and Celeron Tiger Lake UP3 SKUs delivering three times the AI inferencing performance of older platforms thanks to AVX-512 Vector Neural Network Instructions (AVX512 VNNI) instructions and equipped with the latest PCIe Gen4 expansion interface.
cExpress-TL COM Express Tiger Lake module specifications:
- SoC (one or the other)
- Intel Core i7-1185G7E quad-core/octa-thread processor with 12MB cache, Intel Iris Xe graphics with 96x EU; up to 28W TDP (cTDP 15W)
- Intel Core i5-1145G7E quad-core/octa-thread processor with 8MB cache, Intel Iris Xe graphics with 80x EU; up to 28W TDP (cTDP 15W)
- Intel Core i3-1115G4E dual-core/quad-thread processor with 6MB, Intel UHD graphics with 48EU; Up to 28W TDP (cTDP 15W)
- Intel Celeron processor with 4MB cache, 15W (Note: if that’s also a Tiger Lake processor then it has not been announced).
- System Memory- Up to 64GB via two DDR4 SO-DIMM sockets up to 3200 MT/s IBECC (in-band ECC)/non-ECC
- COM Express board-to-board connectors with
- Storage – 2x SATA 6Gb/s
- Video Interfaces – Combination of DisplayPort, HDMI, LVDS, eDP or VGA outputs for up to 4x 4Kp60 independant displays, and 2x 8Kp60 displays
- Audio – Support for ALC886 on carrier board
- Networking – 2.5GbE via Intel i225 series TSN MAC/PHY
- USB – 4x USB 3.2 and 4x USB 2.0
- Serial – 2x UART ports with console redirection
- 5x PCIe x1 Gen3 (AB): Lanes 0/1/2/3 (configurable to 4 x1, 2 x2, 1 x4, 2 x1 + 1 x2, 1 x2 + 2 x1) and Lane 4 (x1 only)
- 1x PCIe x4 Gen4 (CD): Lanes 16-19 (only x4) up to 16 GT/s
- Low Speed Interfaces – LPC bus, SMBus (system) , I2C (user)
- GPIO – 4x GPO and 4x GPI
- Misc – SEMA Board Controller with Voltage/current monitoring, power sequence debug support, AT/ATX mode control, watchdog timer, etc..
- BIOS – 16MB or 32MB flash for AMI UEFI Embedded BIOS (optional failsafe dual-BIOS support)
- Debug Header – 30-pin multipurpose flat cable connector for use with DB-30 x86 debug module
- HW – Security – InfineonTPM 2.0
- Power Supply
- Standard Input – ATX: 12V/ 5V or AT: 12V
- Wide Input – ATX: 8.5-20 V / 5V or AT: 8.5-20V
- ACPI 5.0 compliant, Smart Battery support
- DImensions – 95 x 95 mm (PICMG COM.0 Rev 3.0 Type 6)
- Temperature Range
- Standard: 0°C to 60°C (Storage: -20°C to 80°C)
- Extreme Rugged: -45°C to +85°C
- Humidity – 5-90% RH operating, non-condensing; 5-95% RH storage (and operating with conformal coating)
- Shock and Vibration
- IEC 60068-2-64 and IEC-60068-2-27
- MIL-STD-202F, Method 213B, Table 213-I, Condition A and Method 214A, Table 214-I, Condition D
The company provides support for Windows 10 IoT Enterprise 64-bit, Yocto Linux 64-bit, and expect VxWorks 64-bit and/or Ubuntu to be available for the module as well. Intel OpenVINO toolkit makes sure of optimal performance leverage the AVX-512 VNNI instructions in the CPU cores, as well as the integrated Intel Iris Xe graphics execution units.
Compared to their non-embedded versions, the new Tiger Lake UP3 processors are clocked at a slightly lower frequency in order to support a wider operating temperature range. This allows ADLINK cExpress-TL COM Express module to be found integrated into applications for transportation, healthcare, industrial automation and control, edge controllers, robotics, and multi-camera-based AI solutions.
Visit the product page or more information about the cExpress-TL COM Express module.
Jean-Luc started CNX Software in 2010 as a part-time endeavor, before quitting his job as a software engineering manager, and starting to write daily news, and reviews full time later in 2011.