Grbl_ESP32 CNC development board is a breakout board for NodeMCU 32S board that also takes three stepper motor drivers, and designed to run Grbl open-source Arduino firmware to control wireless CNC machines.
Grbl_ESP32 CNC breakout board specifications:
- Socket for NodeMCU 32S board with ESP32 WiFi and Bluetooth dual-core SoC
- 3 sockets for stepper motor drivers such as TI DRV8825 types and others. Micro-step selection jumpers included.
- MicroSD card socket
- Home/Limit switch connections for XY and Z axes.
- Control switch input connections for Feed Hold, Cycle Start, Reset, and Door.
- Spindle output for PWM to control speed.
- 3A DC-DC power supply to run the ESP32 if it is not connected to USB
Grbl CNC firmware was initially developed for the Arduino UNO and basic 3 axis CNC routers around 10 years ago, but has since then been ported to other CPUs and is now found in other types of CNC machines as well as 3D printers.
The bare board is sold for $24.95 on Tindie, where you’ll also find the ESP32 board flashed with Grbl firmware, and three Texas Instruments DRV8825 stepper motor drivers offered as options for a total of $63.95 plus shipping.
Jean-Luc started CNX Software in 2010 as a part-time endeavor, before quitting his job as a software engineering manager, and starting to write daily news, and reviews full time later in 2011.