Earlier this year, Seeed Studio introduced the Grove Beginner Kit for Arduino that included the Arduino UNO compatible Seeduino Lotus board placed at the center and ten pre-wired and detachable Grove modules to get started with sensors on Arduino with no cabling whatsoever apart from the USB cable.
Arduino must have seen and liked the design, and Seeed Studio has collaborated with the Italian company to create the Arduino Sensor Kit Base with a very similar design, but with a twist as instead of an all-in-one platform with modules and an Arduino board, it’s a very large shield that seats on tops of Arduino UNO.
The Arduino Sensor Kit base includes the following:
- Base shield with 16 Grove connectors, instead of just 12 Grove connectors on the Beginner Kit, including 7x digital connectors, 4x analog connectors, 4x I2C connectors, and one UART connector; A 3.3V/5V voltage switch is also included
- 10 pre-wired modules without the requirements for breadboard nor jumper cables (same as Grove Beginner Kit)
- Grove LED
- Grove Buzzer
- Grove OLED Display 0.96″
- Grove Button
- Grove Rotary Potentiometer
- Grove Light
- Grove Sound
- Grove Temperature & Humidity Sensor
- Grove Air Pressure Sensor
- Grove 3-Axis Accelerator
- 6x Grove cables to connect additional sensors
As you can see in the photo above, the Arduino headers are exposed as well as the 6-pin ICSP header in order to connect it to the Arduino UNO board. If the ten sensors included in the kit are not enough, you can always add other Grove modules, or an Arduino shield to further expand the platform.
Arduino will provide the Arduino Sensor Kit Library wrapper that contains links to other libraries related to certain modules such as the accelerometer, air pressure sensor, temperature sensor, and the OLED display. There’s also be an online platform with ten lessons to learn how to use the included modules.
Jean-Luc started CNX Software in 2010 as a part-time endeavor, before quitting his job as a software engineering manager, and starting to write daily news, and reviews full time later in 2011.
|Support CNX Software - Donate via PayPal or cryptocurrencies, become a Patron on Patreon, or buy review samples|