Right before Christmas, I posted a review of MINIX NEO J50C-4 Max mini PC powered by an Intel Pentium J5005 Gemini Lake processor coupled with 8GB RAM and a 240GB SSD. It’s basically the same as the previously reviewed MINIX NEO J50C-4 except for the extra memory and faster & higher capacity SSD storage.
MINIX asked me if I could do a giveaway of three units on CNX Software after the review, and I thought it would be a good idea so here we are.
I wanted to complete the review before launching the giveaway and tested MINIX NEO J50C-4 Max with the pre-installed Windows 10 Pro. I worked just as well as the previous model with no CPU throttling and the performance one should expect from a Gemini Lake processor, but you may want to add an extra 8GB memory stick to take advantage of the higher bandwidth provided by dual-channel memory. This can help with some 4Kp60 video playback and applications using 3D graphics such as games.
To enter the draw simply leave a comment. You may consider writing what you plan to do with it to make the contest more interesting. Other rules are as follows:
- Only one entry per user. I will filter out entries with the same IP and/or email address.
- The giveaway is open for 48 hours and will end at 11 am (Bangkok time) on January 6th.
- Comments will be closed after 48 hours. If comments are open, the contest is still going on.
- Three different winners will be selected with I’ll introduce them to MINIX by email for shipping arrangements.
- Shipping is free and handled by MINIX
Jean-Luc started CNX Software in 2010 as a part-time endeavor, before quitting his job as a software engineering manager, and starting to write daily news, and reviews full time later in 2011.