TechNexion PICO-Pi-IMX7 single board computer was introduced a few years ago with an NXP i.MX 7Solo or 7Dual Cortex-A7 Intel Edison compatible CPU module, in a form factor similar to Raspberry Pi 3, and supported by Android Things that was still a thing at the time…
It looks like Arrow Electronics is trying to get rid of some stock, as the company is selling the Amazon version of the PICO-PI-IMX7 board for $19.58 including free shipping for ArrowPerks members, instead of the usual $120+ price tag. We had written about the PICO-iMX6 module and PICO-PI-iMX8 SBC previously, but never about the i.MX7 version, nor the PICO-PI-IMX7 board, so let’s have a closer look at what the board has to offer.
- PICO-iMX7 system-on-module
- SoC – NXP i.MX 7Dual dual-core Cortex-A7 processor @ 1 GHz with Cortex-M4 real-time core
- System Memory – 512MB DDR3L
- Storage – 4GB eMMC flash
- Atheros AR8035 Gigabit Ethernet transceiver
- Broadcom BCM4339 wireless module for 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac WiFi 5 and Bluetooth 4.1 BR+EDR+BLE connectivity
- u.FL antenna connector
- PMIC – NXP PF3000
- Display and Camera
- 1x 24-bit TTL RGB signals (expansion header)
- MIPI CSI+DSI signals on 33-pin FPC connector
- Audio – 3.5mm audio jack; NXP SGTL5000 stereo audio codec
- Camera –
- Connectivity – Gigabit Ethernet RJ45 port
- USB – 1x USB 2.0 host port, 1x USB 2.0 OTG Type-C port
- MikroBUS header with ADC, GPIO, I2C, PWM, SPI, UART
- 40-pin GPIO header with GPIO, I2C, I2S, PWM, RS232, SPI, USB
- Debug Interface – Micro USB debug port
- Misc – 1x reset button
- Power Input – 5V DC via USB Type-C port
- Display and Camera
- Dimensions – 85.6 x 56.5 x 17.5 mm
- Weight – 43 grams
- Temperature Range – 0° to +60° C
Thanks to fhersete for the tip.
Jean-Luc started CNX Software in 2010 as a part-time endeavor, before quitting his job as a software engineering manager, and starting to write daily news, and reviews full time later in 2011.
3 Replies to “PICO-PI-IMX7 NXP i.MX7 SBC offered for under $20 (Promo)”
The price is still to high for what it offers, and the free shipping is only for $50+ orders.
Seems it was one day offer only.
If you’d like one of these boards at a cheaper price you could search Ebay for Android Things Kit. There are a few available now for < $50. These will come with the board, camera, display and a sensor hat.