Many people are using a power bank to extend the battery life of their mobile device(s), and there are also laptop power banks which higher capacity and support for 12V and/or 19-20V besides the usual 5V.
But BLUETTI EP500 & EP500Pro go up a notch as the systems aim at powering multiple home appliances or be used as UPS in case of power failure, or whenever you need to use tools or appliances away from the mains.
- Control system based on Texas Instruments C2000 dual-core Arm+DSP real-time microcontroller
- AC Rated Power
- EP500 – 2000W (peak 4800W less than 500ms)
- EP500Pro – 3000W (peak 6000W less than 500ms)
- Power Input
- 600W max, 100-264V AC via AC input – Charging time around 9 to 10 hours
- 1,200W max via PV input or T500 input (55-145V DC, 20A) – Charging time around 5 hours with solar panels in optimal conditions
- 3,000W max via AC input – Charging time under 4 hours using 110W, under 3 hours with 220W.
- 2,400W max via PV input or T500 input (35-150V DC, 12A x2 or 12V/24V, 8.2A) – Charging time around 3 hours with solar panels
- Output ports
- EP500 – 3x 220-240V AC. 4x 100-120V AC
- EP500Pro – 3x 220-240V AC, 5x 100-120V AC
- USB-C – EP500: 1x 100W; EP500Pro: 2x 100W
- USB-A – 2x quick charging (36W) ports, 2x 5V/3A ports
- Cigarette lighter – 1x 12V DC, 10A
- RV (Aviation port) – 1x 12V DC, 30A
- DC jacks (5.5/2.1mm) – 2x 12V DC, 10A total
- Wireless charging pads – 2x 5/7.5/10/15W
- Battery – 5,100Wh LiFePO4 battery for over 6000 charging cycles
- Dimensions – 580 x 300 x 760 mm
- EP500 – 76 kg
- EP500Pro – 83 kg
- Temperature Range
- Charge – 0 to +40°C
- Discharge – -20 to +40°C
- Storage – 0 to 45°C
- Humidity – 10-90%
- Certifications – PSE, FCC, CE, UN38.3, msds, UL, SAA and ROHS
The power system can power kitchen equipment (e.g. 1,000W microwave oven for 4 hours), home appliances (e.g. 1,500W heater for 2.8 hours), power tools (usually a little over two hours), or even top up your electric car battery for a few more miles/kilometers.
Charging is possible via the mains or solar panels using MPTT (Maximum Power Point Tracker), and faster charging under two hours is also possible when combining both.
Two UPS modes are possible:
- Flexible UPS where you just connect the system to the mains and whatever appliances requiring backup power.
- Fixed UPS – A BLUETTI UPS Box can be installed by a qualified licensed electrician to connect your EP500 or EP500 Pro to the building’s main switchboard, and separate critical equipment and non-critical equipment.
Split bonding is also possible with the combination of two BLUETTI EP500 home power banks through the BLUETTI Split Phase Box to double the AC output and storage capacity. This option is only valid for the US version of the system.
You can also lower your electric bills by charging the battery during off-peak hours, and use the EP500 Series system during peak hours. A mobile app for Android or iOS will also be released to monitoring and control the unit, as well as update the firmware.
BLUETTI EP500 & EP500Pro power systems launched on Kickstarter a few days ago and already raised over 2.5 million dollars with 53 days to go. The EP500 model requires a $3,159 pledge, while $3,799 is asked for the EP500Pro power system. Shipping is free to the US but adds $180 to $600 to other countries where shipping is available (Australia, Canada, and various European countries). Backers should expect their reward(s) to ship in August or October 2021 depending on the selected perk(s).
Jean-Luc started CNX Software in 2010 as a part-time endeavor, before quitting his job as a software engineering manager, and starting to write daily news, and reviews full time later in 2011.