AMD Ryzen 4000-U series 15W processors were announced in January 2020, and by the end of the year, we covered some mini PCs with Ryzen 3/5/7 processors from the new family with products such as ASRock Mars 4000U and ASROCK 4X4 BOX-4800U.
MINISFORUM has now announced its own Ryzen 4000-U series mini PC with MINIXFORUM HM50 mini PC powered by an AMD Ryzen 5 4500U hexa-core processor that offers three 4K display output ports (HDMI, DP, and USB-C), as well a 2.5GbE and Gigabit Ethernet ports, six USB 3.0/3.1 ports and more.
MINISFORUM DeskMini HM50 mini PC specifications:
- SoC – AMD Ryzen 5 4500U hexa-core/hexa-thread processor @ 2.3 GHz / 4.0 GHz (Turbo), with 6-core Radeon graphics @ 1.5 Hz, 11MB cache, 15W TDP (cTDP: 10-25W)
- System Memory – 2x DDR4 SODIMM sockets (fitted with 2x 8GB RAM modules, but upgradable up to 2x 32GB)
- Storage – 256GB or 512GB M.2 2280 PCle SSD, 2x 2.5-inch SATA 3.0 HDD slots
- Video Output
- HDMI 2.0 up to 4Kp60
- DisplayPort up to 4Kp60
- USB-C Alt-mode up to 4Kp60
- Audio – 3.5mm speaker jack, 3.5mm microphone jack, digital audio output via HDMI or DisplayPort
- 1x 2.5GbE RJ45 port
- 1x Gigabit Ethernet RJ45 port
- M.2 2230 WIFI Support (Intel® WIFI6 AX200 , BT5.1 pre-install)
- USB – 4x USB 3.0 ports, 2x USB 3.1 Gen 2 ports
- Misc – Power button, Clear CMOS, 1x internal COM/serial header
- Power Supply – DC 19V/3.42A
- Dimensions – 149.6 x 149.6 x 55.5mm
Despite being a fairly little-known company, MINISFORUM decided to host a crowdfunding campaign on its own website, where you can pre-order HM50 mini PC for $699 with a 256GB SSD, or $739 with a 512GB SSD. Using A-9XGB0DP6XZEG discount code will bring that down by $100. Shipping was free when I tried, but it’s “calculated at check out” so YMMW. Deliveries are scheduled to start at the end of April.
Thanks to Linuxium for the tip.
Jean-Luc started CNX Software in 2010 as a part-time endeavor, before quitting his job as a software engineering manager, and starting to write daily news, and reviews full time later in 2011.