Last month, we wrote about the first Rockchip RK3566 TV box we had seen so far with a new version of the H96 Max TV box running Android 11 with up to 8GB RAM.
While Rockchip RK3566 processor has multimedia capabilities with 4K HDR video playback and output, it has many other interfaces such as native PCIe and SATA that would not make it as cost-effective as TV Box SoC’s like Rockchip RK3328 or Amlogic S905X4. But this does not stop companies from making TV boxes with the AIoT processor, and T95 Plus TV box offers another option, again with up to 8GB RAM.
T95 Plus specifications:
- SoC – Rockchip RK3566 quad-core Cortex-A55 processor @ 1.8 GHz with Arm Mali-G52 EE GPU, 0.8 TOPS NPU/AI accelerator
- System Memory – 4GB, 6GB, or 8GB RAM
- Storage – 32GB, 64GB, or 128GB eMMC flash, MicroSD card slot
- Video Output – HDMI 2.0a up to 4Kp60
- Video decoding
- 4Kp60 H.264/H.265/VP9
- VC1 up to 1920 x 1080 @ 60fps
- MPEG-4 up to 1920 x 1080 @ 60fps
- HDR10 and HLG modes
- Audio – Optical S/PDIF output, digital audio output via HDMI
- Connectivity – Gigabit Ethernet, dual-band 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac WiFi 5 and Bluetooth 4.0
- USB – 1x USB 3.0 port, 1x USB 2.0 port
- Misc – Front-panel display, RGB LED’s around the top cover
- Power Supply – DC 5V/2A
- Dimensions – 112 x 112 x 22 mm
Again, the TV box goes not make use of the Multi-PHY Interfaces of the Rockchip RK3566 processor, so I can only see two main reasons to purchase a media box with this feature set: the need for 8GB RAM or/and Android 11, as most others are limited to 4GB and Android 10. The only RK3566/RK3568 platform I know of with SATA and/or NVMe storage support is Station P2 mini PC, but that’s a different price range…
The company says T95 Plus comes pre-installed with KDplayer (a fork of Kodi), Youtube, the Google Play Store, and Chrome. The Android 11 TV box is currently sold on Aliexpress for $53.20 in 4GB/32GB configuration and $70.65 with 8GB RAM, and a 64GB flash, shipping not included.