Realtek RTD1395 processor is designed for 4K HDR TV boxes and set-top boxes. Equipped with a quad-core Cortex-A53 processor and Mali-470 GPU it offers a lower-cost alternative to Realtek RTD1295 and RTD1296 with the same 4K video processing and playback capabilities.
- SoC – Realtek RTD1395 quad-core Cortex-A53 processor with Mali-470MP4 GPU
- System Memory – 2 GB RAM
- Storage – 16 GB flash, MicroSD card slot
- Video Output – HDMI 2.0a up to 4Kp60 HDR and AV port (composite)
- Audio – Optional S/PDIF, analog stereo audio via AV port, digital audio via HDMI port; HDMI audio pass-through to AV receiver
- Video Playback
- 4Kp60 HDR/HDR10+ with 10-bit H.265 and VP9 profile-2, 4Kp30 with H.264, and other common video codecs.
- Blu-ray support for BD-J, BD4K, BD3D, full Blu-ray menu navigation or simple BD Lite menu
- 3D video
- Automatic frame rate switching (including 23.976fps video playback)
- DRM – Widevine Level 1 DRM (Netflix is not currently supported at this time)
- Connectivity – Gigabit Ethernet, dual-band 802.11b/g/n/ac 2T2R WiFi 6 and Bluetooth 4.x with two external antennas
- USB – 2x USB 2.0 ports
- Misc – Front panel display
- Power Supply – 5V/2A
- Dimensions – 109 x 109 x 21mm (wall mounting supported)
Dune HD RealBox 4K runs two operating systems simultaneously: Linux-based Dune HD OS and Android 7.1 with the former aiming to ensure “stable operation and smooth media playback”, and the latter to allow running Android apps. That means you’d actually use a Linux device while playing videos within Dune HD UI, but it would act like a standard Android OS TV box for other apps like web browsers or games.
The device also supports Smart Home and Home Automation integration with systems such as Control4 and Creston. Dune Control mobile app for Android and iOS allows you to easily access your video library and control the media player with your mobile phone.
The TV box ships with an IR remote control plus two AAA batteries, a 5V/2A power supply, a 3.5mm AV cables with three RCA connectors for video and audio, an HDMI cable, and a quick installation guide.
Dune HD RealBox 4K is sold for $169 on Dune HD website or about $50 less than the company’s Dune HD Pro 4K TV box based on Realtek RTD1295 processor. You may also be interested in a thread on AVS forum where users discuss the device pluses and shortcomings.
Thanks to Rick for the tip.
Jean-Luc started CNX Software in 2010 as a part-time endeavor, before quitting his job as a software engineering manager, and starting to write daily news, and reviews full time later in 2011.
|Support CNX Software - Donate via PayPal or become a Patron on Patreon|