Intel officially launched the Jasper Lake processors at the beginning of the year. The new family provides an upgrade to the Gemini Lake processors that have been found in low-cost low power mini PC in the last few years.
While there have been some leaks of the ASUS PN41 Jasper Lake mini PC a couple of months ago, no manufacturer has officially introduced this type of computer so far. But Newsmay Technology has now started to promote its AC8 mini PC with a choice of the six 6W/10W Celeron/Pentium processors previously announced, as well as a 15W Celeron N5095 processor that I had never heard of.
AC8 mini PC specifications:
- Jasper Lake SoC (one or the other)
- Intel Celeron N4500 dual-core processor @ 1.1/2.8GHz with UHD graphics; 6W TDP
- Intel Celeron N5100 quad-core processor @ 1.1/2.8GHz with UHD graphics; 6W TDP
- Intel Pentium Silver N6000 quad-core processor @ 1.1/3.1GHz with UHD graphics; 6W TDP
- Intel Celeron N4505 dual-core processor @ 2.0/2.9GHz with UHD graphics; 10W TDP
- Intel Celeron N5105 quad-core processor @ 2.0/2.9GHz with UHD graphics; 10W TDP
- Intel Pentium Silver N6005 quad-core processor @ 2.0GHz/3.3GHz with UHD graphics; 10W TDP
- Intel Celeron N5095 quad-core processor @ 2.0GHz~2.9GHz with UHD graphics; 15W TDP
- System Memory – 2x SODIMM DDR4 slots up to 32GB RAM
- Storage – M.2 2280 socket for SSD, MicroSD card slot
- Video Output – HDMI 2.0 port up to 4Kp60, DisplayPort up to 4Kp60, and VGA
- Audio – Line out jack, Mic-in jack, digital audio via HDMI
- Gigabit Ethernet
- M.2 PCIe slot for WiFi and/or Bluetooth
- SIM card slot for 4G (TBD, and should be internal if any)
- USB – 4x USB3.0 ports, 2x USB2.0 ports
- Misc – Power button
- Power Supply – 12V/2.4A DC jack
- Dimensions – 127 x 127 x 48 mm (Plastic chassis)
The Jasper Lake mini PC ships with a power adapter, an HDMI cable, and a VESA mount (70×70 or 100x100mm support). The company says AC8 mini PC supports Windows 10, but I don’t see why it would not run Linux distributions unless some drivers are missing. The design is said to be fanless.
Newsmay Technology offers the mini PC to resellers and distributors, and for instance, the AC8-5095 barebone mini PC is sold for $110 per unit for 40+ pieces orders on Globalsources. I’m not quite sure how relevant the price really, as the AC8-6005 model goes for $210 per unit…
Jean-Luc started CNX Software in 2010 as a part-time endeavor, before quitting his job as a software engineering manager, and starting to write daily news, and reviews full time later in 2011.