Olimex has just announced the availability of an STMicro STM32MP1 Cortex-A7/M4 powered system-on-module (SoM) and an evaluator board with respectively STMP15X-SOM available in extended and industrial temperature variants, as well as STMP1(A13)-EVB evaluation board that works with the new STM32MP1 module, as well as earlier A13-SOM Allwinner A13 based system-on-module.
Beyond the hardware, the company told us their upcoming STMP1-OLinuXino-LIME2 SBC could support mainline Linux in February, and the company prepared some Linux 5.10 based Debian Buster and Ubuntu Focal images which are now also available for the STMP15X-SOM module.
- SoC – STMicro STM32MP151/153/157 dual-core Cortex-A7 @ 650 to 800MHz and Arn Cortex-M4 real-time core @ 209 MHz
- System Memory – 256 or 512 MB DDR3L
- Storage – MicroSD card socket
- Audio – On-module audio codec
- Board-to-board connectors
- GPIO-1 40-pin connector with 39 GPIOs, 3x UARTs, 1x QuadSPI, 2x I2C, 2x eMMC
- GPIO-2 10-pin connector with USB host, USB OTG, Audio mic, Audio HP, ADC
- GPIO-3 10-pin connector with USB-OTG, SPI
- RGB LCD 40-pin connector compatible with LCD-OLinuXino displays
- Misc – RESET button, power & charge LED’s, boot select
- Debugging – 3-pin UART header for serial console
- Power supply
- 5V DC input via header, or 2-pin header for battery
- AXP209 Power Management Unit (PMU) and LiPo battery charger
- LiPo battery acts like UPS and keeps SoC, memory, and PMU powered during 5V power failure protecting the SD card and allowing safe power off if needed.
- Temperature Range – Commericla grade: 0 to +70°C; industrial grade: -40 to +85°C; extended: -20 to +85°C
Five models are available:
- STMP151-SOM-256 commercial-grade SoM with STM32MP151 @ 650MHz and 256MB of DDR3L RAM for 20 Euros
- STMP151-SOM-512-IND industrial-grade SoM with STM32MP151 @ 650MHz and 512MB of DDR3L RAM for 25 Euros.
- STMP153-SOM-512-IND industrial grade SoM with STM32MP153 @ 650MHz and 512MB of DDR3L RAM for 28 Euros
- STMP157-SOM-512-IND industrial-grade SoM with STM32MP157 @ 650MHz and 512MB of DDR3L RAM for 30 Euros.
- STMP153-SOM-512-EXT extended temperature grade SoM with STM32MP157 @ 800 MHz and 512MB of DDR3L RAM for 30 Euros
You can purchase the module and find documentation including the PDF schematics and software resources on the product page.
STMP1(A13)-EVB evaluation board
Since it’s not exactly convenient to use a system-on-module without a carrier board, Olimex also released the STMP1(A13)-EVB evaluation board compatible with both A13-SOM and STM15x-SOM modules.
STMP1(A13)-EVB board specifications:
- Compatible modules – STMP15x-SOM or A13-SOM via 1.27 mm pitch connectors
- Storage – Flash module connector for SPI, eMMC, or NAND flash
- Display – 40-pin 1.27 mm pitch connector for LCD-OLinuXino display
- Audio – 3.5mm microphone jack, 3.5mm headphone jack
- 10/100M Ethernet RJ45 connector
- WiFi & Bluetooth module with PCB antenna and option for external antenna
- Expansion – UEXT connector, GPIO connector
- USB – 2x USB 2.0 host ports, 1x micro USB 2.0 OTG port
- Power Supply – 5V DC via power barrel jack
Olimex STMP1(A13)-EVB can be purchased for 18 Euros without module on Olimex shop where you’ll also find the KiCAD and PDF schematics, and a user manual.
Jean-Luc started CNX Software in 2010 as a part-time endeavor, before quitting his job as a software engineering manager, and starting to write daily news, and reviews full time later in 2011.
3 Replies to “Olimex STM32MP1 SoM and evaluation board support Linux 5.10”
Strange choice to use AXP209 instead of stpmic1. Probably a price thing..
With market almost empty for ST componentes. I don’t have any intention to upgrade/create products with them.
Based on the experience of their TI modules in a year or so time we’ll have a broken link for their debian image and some undocumented repos that don’t build anymore.