BCM Advanced Research is now sampling the MX6412J thin mini-ITX motherboard equipped with an Intel Celeron J6412 quad-core Elkhart Lake processor, up to 32 GB RAM via two SODIMM DDR4 memory slots, SATA and NVMe storage, as well as found Ethernet ports with namely two 2.5GbE and two Gigabit Ethernet RJ45 ports.
Designed for fanless operation with a large yet thin heatsink, the industrial motherboard also sports two HDMI 4K video outputs, nine USB 3.0/2.0 ports, variable 12-24 DC input, as well as several serial ports, and more.
- SoC – Intel Celeron J6412 quad-core Elkhart Lake processor @ 2.0 GHz / 2.6GHz (Burst frequency) with 1.5MB cache, 16 EU Intel UHD Graphics; 10W TDP
- System Memory – 2x 260-pin SODIMM DDR4 memory slots for up to 32GB RAM (Note: Intel Ark list the 32GB limit for the processor, but sometimes they really mean per socket/channel)
- Storage –
- SATA III (red) connector
- M.2 key M socket for SATA or NVMe SSD (see Expansion)
- Optional onboard eMMC flash
- 128 Mbit SPI flash for AMI BIOS
- 2x HDMI ports up to 4096×2160 @ 30Hz
- 1x LVDS/eDP header, 1x backlight header
- Three independent display support
- 3.5mm Line-out/Mic-in jack
- Realtek HD Audio support 7.1 channel sound playback
- 2x 2.5 GbE RJ45 ports via Intel I225-LM (2.5GbE) Ethernet controllers
- 2x Gigabit Ethernet RJ45 ports via Intel I211-AT (1GbE) Ethernet controllers
- 4x USB 3.0 Type-A ports, 1x internal vertical USB 3.0 Type-A port
- 4x USB 2.0 interfaces via 2x internal USB headers
- Serial – 2x RS-232/422/485 headers, 2x RS-232 headers
- 1x 2230 M.2 E key socket with PCIe x1 & USB 2.0 signals
- 1x 2280 & 2242 M.2 M Key socket with PCIe x2 & SATA III signals
- 8-bits GPIO header (4 In/4 Out)
- 1x I²C header
- Security – Infineon SLB 9670VQ2.0 TPM 2.0
- RTC with battery
- Watchdog Timer
- H/W Status Monitor for temperature and voltage with auto throttling control
- 4-pin CPU fan, 4-pin system fan header
- Power Supply – 12 to 24VDC via power barrel jack or 4-pin “Mini-Fit Jr” DC-In connector
- Dimensions – 170 x 170 mm (mini-ITX form factor)
- Weight – 400 grams
- Temperature Range – Operating: 0°C to 60°C; storage: -10°C to 60°C
- Humidity – 5% to 85% Non-condensing
- Certification – CE, FCC Class B
The company did not provide any information about software support, but we should assume Windows and Linux are supported. Pricing is not available either, but the motherboard is said to be sampling now according to the information on the product page.
Thanks to theguyuk for the tip.
Jean-Luc started CNX Software in 2010 as a part-time endeavor, before quitting his job as a software engineering manager, and starting to write daily news, and reviews full time later in 2011.