When I looked for an SBC or a mini PC with 2.5GbE networking following the discontinuance of ODROID-H2+ SBC, I focused on systems with dual 2.5GbE ports to closely match Hardkernel’s SBC specifications, and most of those systems were rather expensive.
But if a single 2.5 GbE port is enough for your application, then there’s a good alternative to ODROID-H2+ with ASUS PN41 mini PC powered by a choice of Jasper Lake processors, and pricing starting at $169 on Amazon for a barebone model with an Intel Celeron N4500 dual-core processor.
- Jasper Lake N-Series SoC (one or the other)
- Pentium Silver N6005 quad-core processor @ 2.0GHz / 3.3GHz (Turbo) with Intel UHD graphics; 10W TDP
- Celeron N5105 quad-core processor @ 2.0GHz / 2.9GHz with Intel UHD graphics; 10W TDP
- Celeron N4505 dual-core processor @ 2.0GHz / 2.9GHz with Intel UHD graphics; 10W TDP
- Pentium Silver N6000 quad-core processor @ 1.1GHz / 3.1GHz with Intel UHD graphics; 6W TDP
- Celeron N5100 quad-core processor @ 1.1GHz / 2.8GHz with Intel UHD graphics; 6W TDP
- Celeron N4500 dual-core processor @ 1.1GHz / 2.8GHz with Intel UHD graphics; 6W TDP
- System Memory – 2x SO-DIMM memory slots with optional 4GB or 8GB DDR4 memory (32GB RAM max)
- 64GB or 128GB eMMC flash (optional?)
- Optional 3-in-1 card reader
- Optional M.2 PCIe Gen3 x4 SSD with 128GB or 256GB capacity
- Optional 2.5-inch 1TB SATA III drive
- Video Output – HDMI 2.0, DisplayPort 1.4 (can be changed to VGA, COM, or LAN as an option), 1x USB-C port with DisplayPort 1.4
- 3.5mm mic+headphone audio jack
- Microphone array
- Realtek ALC3251 or ALC3236-VB2 HD Audio codec (optional)
- 2.5GbE RJ45 port via Realtek RTL8125B-CG controller
- Optional 802.11ax WiFi 6 2×2 MIMO and Bluetooth 5.0
- USB – 2x USB 3.1 Gen2 Type-C ports with quick charge support (one with DP Alt mode), 3x USB 3.1 Gen 1 Type-A ports
- Security – Optional TPM 2.0
- Misc – Optional IR receiver
- Power Supply – 19V DC, 3.42A (65W Power Adapter)
- Power Consumption – 3.69W at idle
- Dimensions – 115 x 115 x 49 mm (Barebone)
- Weight – 700g when fitted with a 2.5-inch HDD
- Certificates – BSMI/CB/CE/FCC/UL/CCC/Energy Star/C-Tick/WiFi/RF/VCCI
Models fitted with memory and storage ship with either Windows 10 Pro or Windows 10 Home, and a free upgrade to Windows 11 will be delivered to qualifying devices in late 2021 into 2022. Linux distributions such as Ubuntu 20.04 should also work, and ODROID-H2/H2+ Wiki may be a source of information for settings.
More details can be found on the product page.
Jean-Luc started CNX Software in 2010 as a part-time endeavor, before quitting his job as a software engineering manager, and starting to write daily news, and reviews full time later in 2011.