Axiomtek GMB140 is a compact Mini-ITX motherboard powered by AMD Ryzen Embedded V1000/R1000 processor and mostly designed for gaming applications, as well as medical imaging, interactive kiosks, control rooms, and video surveillance.
But when we’re not talking about your kids playing games at home here, but instead slot machines, arcade systems, and electronic gaming machines (EGM) powered by the GMB140 board with a PCIe interface for gaming I/O modules, and optional support for a 9-bit serial port for the SAS 6.02 protocol.
Axiomtek GMB140 mini-ITX board specifications:
- SoC – AMD Ryzen Embedded V1000/R1000 quad-/dual-core “Zen” processor with Radeon Vega graphics either:
- AMD Ryzen Embedded V1807 w/ VEGA 11 graphics
- AMD Ryzen Embedded V1756 w/ VEGA 8 graphics
- AMD Ryzen Embedded V1605 w/ VEGA 8 graphics
- AMD Ryzen Embedded V1202 w/ VEGA 3 graphics
- AMD Ryzen Embedded R1606 w/ VEGA 3 graphics
- AMD Ryzen Embedded R1505 w/ VEGA 3 graphics
- System Memory – Up to 32GB RAM via 2x DDR4 SO-DIMM up to 3200 MHz
- Storage- 2x SATA III connectors
- Video Output
- R1000-series – 3x DisplayPort++ 4Kp60 video outputs
- V1000-series – 4x DisplayPort++ 4Kp60 video outputs
- HD audio 5.1 channels
- Line-out and stereo 6 W+6 W audio amplifier output
- Networking – 2x Gigabit Ethernet RJ45 ports
- USB – 7x USB interfaces (3x USB 3.0 Type-A, 2x USB 2.0 Type-A, 2x USB via headers)
- 2x RS-232 DB9 ports (RS422/RS485 configurable)
- 4x RS-232 headers (1 x ID003, 2 x ccTalk configurable)
- PCIe x16 and mini PCIe
- 8-bit GPIO
- TPM 2.0 chip
- RSA2048 and AES256 hybrid encryption
- Misc –
- AMI UEFI with TrustedBoot (BIOS secure boot), secure hash, and public key algorithm
- Power Input – 12V DC via 4-pin connector
- Dimensions – 170 x 170 mm (Mini-ITX form factor)
- Temperature Range – 0°C to 60°C
- Humidity – 10 % to 90 %, non-condensing
The company provides support for Windows 10 IoT Enterprise and Linux for the Ryzen R1000/V1000 mini-ITX board. Axiomtek also appears to try to take advantage of the current supply shortage, as they promote the board as an alternative in those challenging times in a promotional photo I obtained in an email from the company.
Casinos and amusement arcades are reopening across the world, so there may be renewed demand. The board is offered by Axiomtek Gaming, a business unit of Axiomtek, that provides “off-the shelf embedded computers and all-in-one gaming boards” to the gaming industry.
I’d assume the board is probably close to impossible to get for individuals, and there are other AMD Ryzen Embedded V1000 or R1000 mini-ITX motherboards from companies like Kontron or iBase, but again most of those will be reserved to the B2B market. Axiomtek GBM140 motherboard is available for up to 1,000 pieces pre-order with shipments expected to start in January 2020, and the company promises “lifetime long-term supply”. Additional details, including Windows and Linux drivers, can be found on the product page.
Jean-Luc started CNX Software in 2010 as a part-time endeavor, before quitting his job as a software engineering manager, and starting to write daily news, and reviews full time later in 2011.