We’ve written about Ryzen Embedded V2000 mini-ITX motherboards in the past, but here’s another one with iBASE MI989 equipped with four 4K-capable DisplayPort 1.4 video output, two Gigabit Ethernet ports, three M.2 sockets including a 5G-ready M.2 3052 socket, and a PCIe x16 slot for expansion.
iBASE MI989 also supports up to 64GB ECC memory, one SATA III port, multiple USB 3.1/2.0 ports, four serial ports, and more, for embedded applications in retail, healthcare, industrial automation, casinos, and smart cities.
iBASE MI989 specifications:
- SoC – AMD Ryzen V2000 Series Processors either:
- AMD Ryzen Embedded V2748, 8C/16T up to 2.9GHz (4.25GHz) with 4MB cache, 7 CU Radeon Vega graphics; 45W TDP
- AMD Ryzen Embedded V2718, 8C/16T up to 1.7GHz (4.15GHz), with 4MB cache, 7 CU Radeon Vega graphics; 15W TDP
- System Memory – Up to 64GB dual-channel DDR4-3200 (ECC/non-ECC) via 2x SODIMM sockets
- Storage – 1x SATA 3.0 (up to 6GB/s) port, M.2 NVMe SSD support (See Expansion section), embedded flash for AMI BIOS
- Display – 4x DisplayPort 1.4 up to 4096×2160 @ 60Hz
- GPU capabilities
- OpenGL 4.6, DirectX 12, OpenCL 2.1
- HW Decode: AVC/H.264, MPEG2, VC1/WMV9, JPEG/MJPEG, HEVC/H265, VP8, VP9
- HW Encode: MPEG2, AVC/H264, JPEG, HEVC/H265, VP8, VP9
- Realtek ALC888S audio codec
- 1x Mic-in, 1x Line-in, 1x Line-out jacks
- 2x Gigabit Ethernet RJ45 ports via Intel i211AT controllers
- Optional 4G/5G cellular, WiFi, Bluetooth via M.2 modules plus SIM card socket
- USB – 3x USB 3.1 ports (including one internal) up to 10 Gbps, 2x USB 2.0 ports, 2x USB 2.0 interfaces via on-board pin headers
- Serial – 4x COM ports including two DB9 (RS232/RS422/RS485) ports, 2x RS232 via headers
- 1x PCIe x16 slot
- 1x M.2 2230 E-Key for WIFi/Bluetooth
- 1x M.2 3052 B-Key for cellular module including 5G module
- 1x M.2 2280 M-Key for NVMe SSD
- Digital I/O
- Security – TPM 2.0
- Misc – Watchdog Timer, RTC + battery backup
- Power Supply – 24-pin ATX + 4-pin connectors
- Dimensions – 170 x 170 mm (Mini-ITX Form Factor)
- Temperature Range – Operating: 0 to 60°C; storage: -20 to 85°C
- Humidity – Up to 95% RH (non-condensing) @ 60°C
iBASE provides Windows 10 drivers, and the user manual also claims the board support Ubuntu Linux. The MI989 Ryzen V2000 mini-ITX motherboard is very similar to the DFI RNO171 model we covered previously, but with a slightly different port arrangement, no DC jack for power, Intel instead of Realtek Ethernet controllers, and more M.2 expansion sockets.
iBASE is taking orders for the MI989 motherboard now but has not made pricing publicly available. Additional information may be found on the product page.
Jean-Luc started CNX Software in 2010 as a part-time endeavor, before quitting his job as a software engineering manager, and starting to write daily news, and reviews full time later in 2011.