We’ve covered plenty of AMD Ryzen Embedded V1000-series SBCs, and some Ryzen Embedded mini PCs, but so far, we had not written about any AMD Ryzen Embedded V1000 or R1000 system-on-module (SoM) or computer-on-module (CoM), partially because there aren’t many yet, and because we missed Advantech SOM-5871 CPU module earlier this year.
But there’s now another option courtesy of Congatec with conga-TR4 AMD Ryzen Embedded COM Express module with consumer or industrial temperature range, and a choice of seven different processors.
conga-TR4 COM Express module specifications:
- SoC (one or the other)
- AMD Ryzen V1807B quad-core processor @ up to 3.35 GHz with 2MB L2 cache, Vega 11 graphics; 35-54W TDP
- AMD Ryzen V1756B quad-core processor @ up to 3.25 GHz with 2MB L2 cache, Vega 8 graphics; 35-54W TDP
- AMD Ryzen V1605B quad-core processor @ 2.0 GHz with 2MB L2 cache, Vega 8 graphics; 12-25W TDP
- AMD Ryzen V1202B dual-core processor @ 2.5 GHz with 1MB L2 cache, Vega 8 graphics; 12-25W TDP
- AMD Ryzen V1404I quad-core processor @ 1.6/2.8 GHz (base/boost in industrial temp) and 2.0/3.6 GHz (commercial temp) with 2MB L2 cache, Vega 8 graphics; 12-25W TDP
- AMD Ryzen R1606G dual-core processor @ 2.6 GHz with 1MB L2 cache, Vega 3 graphics; 12-25W TDP
- AMD Ryzen R1505G dual-core processor @ 2.4 GHz with 1MB L2 cache, Vega 3 graphics; 12-25W TDP
- System Memory – 2x SO-DIMM DDR4 sockets up to 32 GB RAM with ECC
- Storage (on-module) – 8 MB SPI flash for AMI Aptio 2.X (UEFI) firmware
- COM Express Type 6 connectors with
- Gigabit Ethernet
- PCIe – 4x PCI Express 3.0 lanes, 4x PCI Express 2.0 lanes
- 1x PEG 3.0 x8
- USB – 2x USB 3.1 Gen2, 2x USB 3.1 Gen1, 8x USB 2.0
- 2x SATA 6 Gb/s
- Low-speed interfaces – I²C bus (fast mode, 400 kHz, multi-master), LPC bus, SPI, SM-Bus, 2 x UART
- Congatec Board Controller – multi-stage watchdog, non-volatile User Data Storage, manufacturing and board Information, LVDS backlight control, I²C bus (fast mode, 400 kHz, multi-master), power loss control, and embedded BIOS Features
- Security – TPM 2.0 (Infineon SLB9665).
- Power Management – ACPI 5 .0 compliant, Smart Battery Management
- Dimensions – 125 x 95 mm (COM Express form factor)
- Temperature Range
- Operating – Commercial: 0 to +60°C; industrial: -40 .. +85°C (V1404I only)
- Storage: -20 to +80°C
- Humidity – Operating: 10 to 90% r. H. non-cond. / Storage 5 to 95% r. H. non-cond.
The company offers support for Windows 10, Windows 10 IoT Enterprise (64bit only), and Linux (Yocto Project) operating systems.
I’ve highlighted Ryzen Embedded V1404I processor in the specification above because 1. it’s the first time I’ve read about it, and 2. it’s the only processor from the list that actually supports industrial temperature range.
While looking for information about AMD Ryzen V1404I processor, I noticed several other industrial Ryzen Embedded COM Express modules including Duagon CB71 and SECO COMe-B75-CT6 with the latter offer in COM Express Compact 3.0 Type 6 form factor (95×95 mm).
Those industrial-grade COM Express modules can usually be found in rugged edge computers with machine vision and artificial intelligence (AI), autonomous vehicles, railcars and wagons, oil and gas industries equipment, mobile ambulance equipment, broadcasting vans, security and video surveillance, base station equipment for 5G, and other demanding applications.
Jean-Luc started CNX Software in 2010 as a part-time endeavor, before quitting his job as a software engineering manager, and starting to write daily news, and reviews full time later in 2011.