DR8072 V01 is a networking SBC based on Qualcomm IPQ8072A communication processor, with two 10GbE interfaces, one through an SFP cage and the other through an RJ45 connector, plus four Gigabit Ethernet ports, and 4×4 MIMO WiFi 6 connectivity (AX3700).
Based on Qualcomm AP.HK09 reference design, the board follows Wallys Communications’ DR8072A embedded router board introduced earlier this year, also based on Qualcomm IPQ8072, but equipped with two 2.5 GbE interfaces and WiFi 6 connectivity.
- SoC – Qualcomm Atheros IPQ8072A quad-core Arm Cortex-A53 @ 2.2 GHz part of Qualcomm Networking Pro 1200 Platform
- System Memory – 512MB DDR4 2400MHz 16-bit interface (option up to to 2GB RAM)
- Storage – 8MB NOR flash, 256MB NAND flash
- On-board 4×4 2.4GHz MU-MIMO OFDMA 802.11b/g/n/ax, max 17dBm per chain, up to 1147Mbps
- On-board 4×4 5GHz MU-MIMO OFDMA 802.11a/n/ac/ax, max 17dBm per chain, up to 2475Mbps
- Frequencies – 2.412 to 2.472 GHz, and 5. 150 to 5 .825 GHz
- Modulation Techniques OFDMA, BPSK, QPSK, 16-QAM, 64-QAM, 256-QAM, 1024-QAM
- 8x u.FL antenna connectors
- 1x 10Gbps Ethernet RJ45 port
- 1x 10Gbps SFP cage
- 4x Gigabit Ethernet RJ45 ports
- USB – 2x USB 3.0 ports
- Expansion – 1x MiniPCIe Slot with PCIe 3.0
- Debugging – 20-pin JTAG connector, 4-pin serial connector
- Misc – 1x software reset button, 2x RGB LED
- Power Supply – 12V via DC jack
- Temperature Range – -20ºC to 70ºC; storage: -40ºC to 90ºC
The product page does not have information about software, but the company told us both Qualcomm SDK and OpenWrt 21.02 are supported. The board is mostly designed for high-capacity 802.11ax access points.
Wallys did not reply to our question about sample price, but for reference, an unrelated Qualcomm IPQ8072 board with two 10GbE SFP cages, WiFI 6, 1GB RAM, and the same 8MB/256MB flash configuration is sold for $520 on Aliexpress. More details about the DR8072 V01 board can be found on the product page.
Jean-Luc started CNX Software in 2010 as a part-time endeavor, before quitting his job as a software engineering manager, and starting to write daily news, and reviews full time later in 2011.