We’ve seen a fair amount of Jasper Lake mini PCs, and even reviewed one with Beelink U59. MOREFINE M6 stands out due to its size and thickness, being about the size of two smartphones stacked together.
The features are also promising with an Intel Celeron N5105 quad-core processor coupled with up to 16 GB RAM, up to 1TB M.2 NVMe SSD, as well as dual 4K video output through HDMI and USB-C ports, a 2.5GbE ports WiFi 6 & Bluetooth 5.2 connectivity, and three USB 3.1 ports.
- SoC – Intel Celeron N5105 quad-core Jasper Lake processor @ 2.0GHz / 2.9GHz (Turbo) with Intel UHD graphics 605; 10W TDP
- System Memory – 8GB or 16GB LPDDR4
- Storage – 512GB or 1TB M.2 NVMe 2280 SSD, or 256GB M.2 SATA SSD
- Video Output
- 1x HDMI 2.0 port up to 4Kp60
- 1x DisplayPort Alt Mode via USB-C port up to 4Kp60
- Audio – 3.5 audio jack, digital audio via HDMI
- 2.5 Gbps Ethernet via Intel i225 controller
- Dual-band 802.11b/g/n/ax WiFi 6 and Bluetooth 5.2 via Intel AX201 module
- USB – 3x USB 3.1 Gen 2 ports
- Expansion – 1x M.2 2280 PCIe socket, 1x M.2 2242 SATA socket
- Misc – Power button and LED, cooling fan
- Power Supply – 12V/2A via USB-C port (“USB PD: 30W”)
- Dimensions – 155 x 80 x 19 mm
- Weight – 195 grams
The M6 mini PC ships with an HDMI cable, a 12V/2A USB Type-C charger, a VESA mount with 8 screws, and a user’s manual. Note that while the specifications read (USB PD: 30W), it’s probably using one of those non-compliant 12V power adapters with a USB-C plug. I understand Windows 11 is pre-loaded on the machine, but Linux distributions like Ubuntu 20.04 are also supported.
The specifications are quite similar, although slightly better, than the ZX01 palm-sized mini PC which packs the features in a 72x72x45mm enclosure. So you have the choice whether you value thickness or area on the desk. ZX01 comes with two HDMI ports which may be convenient, but MOREFINE M6 offers better networking options with 2.5GbE and WiFi 6, and also supports the more common M.2 2280 SSDs.
MOREFINE M6 ultra-thin Jasper Lake mini PC is now offered on Indiegogo with three rewards available:
- $256 with 8GB RAM and a 256GB SATA SSD
- $298 with 8GB RAM and a 512GB M.2 NVMe SSD
- $359 with 16GB RAM and a 1TB M.2 NVMe SSD
MOREFINE says those pledges are all 30% cheaper than the retail price after the crowdfunding campaign. Worldwide shipping appears to be included in the price, and deliveries are scheduled to start in April 2022.
Jean-Luc started CNX Software in 2010 as a part-time endeavor, before quitting his job as a software engineering manager, and starting to write daily news, and reviews full time later in 2011.