Lanner LWR-X8460 is an enterprise-grade 12-stream, tri-band Wi-Fi 6E access point powered by Qualcomm IPQ8076A quad-core Cortex-A53 processor also equipped with two 10GbE multi-speed ports, and four additional Gigabit Ethernet ports.
The access point also supports IEEE 802.3bt standard for the PoE++ power delivery, Bluetooth 5.1 for IoT management, and its features set makes it suitable for remote video conferencing, telehealth, distance learning, public safety monitoring, IoT applications, as well as general connectivity in any crowded and dense Wi-Fi environments.
Lanner LWR-X8460 specifications:
- WiSoC – Qualcomm IPQ8076A Hawkeye quad-core Cortex-A53 processor @ 2.2GHz part of the Networking Pro 1200 Platform
- System Memory – 1GB DDR4
- Storage – 8MB NOR flash, 256MB NAND flash
- Standards – IEEE 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac/ax
- Peak PHY Rates – 2.4GHz: 1147 Mbps; 5GHz: 2402 Mbps; 6GHz: 4804 Mbps
- 12x antennas
- 2.4GHz: Peak gain 3.6dBi, Internal 4×4, Omnidirectional
- 5GHz: Peak gain 5.7dBi, Internal 4×4, Omnidirectional
- 6GHz: Peak gain 5.8dBi, Internal 4×4, Omnidirectional
- Frequency Bands
- 2.400 to 2.4835GHz (ISM)
- 5.150 to 5.250GHz (U-NII-1)
- 5.250 to 5.350GHz (U-NII-2A)
- 5.470 to 5.725GHz (U-NII-2C)
- 5.725 to 5.850GHz (U-NII-3)
- 5.925 to 7.125GHz (U-NII-5/6/7/8)
- Client Capacity – Up to 512 clients per band
- Security – Open, Enhanced Open, WPA2-PSK, WPA/WPA2-PSK mixed mode, WPA3-SAE, WPA2/WPA3-PSK/SAE mixed mode
- Advanced – IEEE 802.11 k/v/r, WMM (WiFi MultiMedia)
- WAN – 1x 10GbE RJ45 port + IEEE802.3bt (PoE++)
- 1x 10GbE (1/2.5/5/10GbE) RJ45 port
- 4x Gigabit Ethernet RJ45 ports
- Bluetooth LE 5.1 with 3.6 dBi antenna
- IPv4, IPv6
- EasyMesh Wireless Technology/Self-healing /AP steering
- VLANPort-based, 802.1Q (TBD)
- 802.1x Authenticator & Supplicant
- USB – 1x USB 2.0 port
- Console – RJ45 management port
- Misc – WPS button, Reset button, LED indicators
- Power Input
- 48V DC/1.25A DC Jack with lock
- IEEE 802.3bt (POE++)
- Dimensions – 220 x 220 x 60 mm (without rubber feet)
- Weight – 2.1 kg
- Temperature Range – 0 to 40ºC
- Humidity (RH) – 5%~90% non-condensing
- Certifications – RoHS, CE/FCC Class B
I don’t think I had ever heard about “Enhanced Open” security options before, and the WiFi Alliance describes it as follows:
Wi-Fi Enhanced Open is based on the Opportunistic Wireless Encryption (OWE) standard. A product of the Internet Engineering Task Force (IETF), OWE, defined in RFC 8110, specifies an extension to IEEE 802.11 that uses a cryptographic handshake to encrypt the devices connecting open network access points. OWE uses some of the same underlying cryptography developed for the Simultaneous Authentication of Equals (SAE). SAE was previously included in the IEEE 802.11s standard and is in the process of being incorporated into WPA3.
That just means an open network with encrypted communication, so the user does not need to input a password to access the network and his/her communication will/should still be encrypted and secure.
Lanner did not provide availability or pricing information for LWR-X8460 access point. Additional information may be found on the product page and the press release.
Jean-Luc started CNX Software in 2010 as a part-time endeavor, before quitting his job as a software engineering manager, and starting to write daily news, and reviews full time later in 2011.
3 Replies to “Qualcomm IPQ8076A WiFi 6E access point offers dual 10GbE, supports PoE++”
I used to work for them over a decade ago…
They make good hardware, but not so good software.
“I don’t think I had ever heard about “Enhanced Open””.
Seriously? It was one of the big features highlights when Wi-Fi 6 first came out a couple of years ago.
10Gb internet is comming…