AAEON PICO-V2K4 is a Pico-ITX board powered by an AMD Ryzen Embedded V2000 processor with up to 8 cores, AMD Radeon graphics, which should make it the world’s smallest Ryzen V2000 SBC on the market.
The board comes with up to 32GB soldered-on memory and a 64GB NVMe flash, supports for SATA and M.2 NVMe storage, dual Gigabit Ethernet, up to four 4K display interfaces, four serial ports, and more. Use cases range from medical imaging (x-ray and MRI scan analysis) to casino gaming machines, and industrial automation.
AAEON PICO-V2K4 specifications:
- AMD Ryzen Embedded V2000 processor (one or the other)
- Ryzen V2718 octa-core/16-thread processor @ up to 1.7-4.15 GHz (Turbo) with Radeon RX Vega 7 GPU; TDP: 10-25W
- Ryzen V2516 hexa-core/12-thread processor @ up to 2.1-3.95 GHz (Turbo) with Radeon RX Vega 6 GPU; TDP: 10-25W
- System Memory – Up to 32GB LPDDR4x 3733 MHz
- Up to 64GB on-board NVMe (PCIe x2) SSD
- 1x SATA 3.0 port plus 5V SATA power connector
- M.2 Key M socket for NVMe SSD (See Expansion section)
- Display I/F
- 1x HDMI 2.0b port up to 4Kp60
- 1x HDMI 1.4 port up to 4Kp30
- USB Type C port with DP Alt. mode
- 1x eDP 1.4 up to 4Kp60 or 18-24-bit single-channel LVDS
- Audio – High Definition Audio Interface, optional Line-in, Line-out, and MIC
- Networking – 2x Gigabit Ethernet RJ45 ports via Intel i210
- 1x USB 3.2 Gen2 Type C port
- 2x USB 3.2 Gen2 ports
- 4x USB 2.0 via pin header
- Serial – 4x RS232/422/485
- 8-bit DIO connector
- M.2 2280 M-key socket with PCIe Gen3 x4 by default, SATA selected by BIOS
- Full-size mini PCIe socket with 1x PCIe x1/USB2.0 by default, mSATA selected by HW BOM
- 1x SMBUS/I2C with SMBUS by default, I2C selected by HW BOM
- Security – TPM 2.0
- Misc – UEFI BIOS with Wake-on-LAN support, Watchdog timer,
- Power Supply – +12V AT/ATX via 2-pin Phoenix connector (Lockable DC jack co-lay)
- Power Consumption (Typical) – 4.24A at +12V with Ryzne V2718, 32GB LPDDR4x
- Dimensions – 100 x 72 mm (PICO-ITX form factor)
- Weight – 250 grams (gross)
- Temperature Range – Operating: 0°C to 60°C; storage: -40°C to 80°C
- Operating Humidity – 0% ~ 90% relative humidity, non-condensing
- MTBF – 407,784 hours
- Certifications – CE/FCC Class A
The system is cooled by a heatspeader (not shown in photos) and AAEON provides support for Windows 10 64-bit and Ubuntu 20.04.3 with Linux 5.11 kernel.
Availability and pricing for the AMD Ryzen V2000 Pico-ITX board have not been disclosed. More details may be found on the product page.
Jean-Luc started CNX Software in 2010 as a part-time endeavor, before quitting his job as a software engineering manager, and starting to write daily news, and reviews full time later in 2011.