Beelink GTR6 is a mini PC powered by a 45W AMD Ryzen 9 6900HX octa-core/16-thread processor @ up to 4.9 GHz with 12-core Radeon 680M graphics, taking up to 64GB DDR5, and M.2 2280 PCIe Gen4 SSD storage.
Once upon a time mini PCs were powered by low-power processors for fanless or near-silent operation, but in recent years, companies have started to integrate faster and faster powerful into the mini PC form factor. The Beelink GTR6 may be one of the most powerful mini PC so far thanks to the AMD Ryzen 9-6900HX CPU.
Beelink GTR6 preliminary specifications:
- SoC – AMD Ryzen 9 6900HX octa-core/16-thread Zen 3+ processor @ up to 3.3 GHz / 4.9 GHz (Turbo) with 12-core Radeon 680M graphics (RDNA2 architecture) @ up to 2.4 GHz; TDP: 45W
- System Memory – 2x DDR5-4800MHz SODIMM sockets for up to 64GB RAM (32GB by default)
- M.2 2280 NVMe SSD socket (512GB SSD up to 7000 Mbps by default)
- M.2 2280 SATA 3.0 SSD socket
- Video Output – Up to 4x HDMI 2.1 video output up to 8Kp60, up to four independent 8K displays supported
- Audio – 3.5mm audio jack, digital audio via HDMI ports
- 2.5GbE RJ45 port
- WiFi 6E and Bluetooth 5.2
- USB – 3x USB 3.0 Type-A ports, 2x USB 2.0 Type-A ports, 1x USB 3.0 Type-C port
- Misc – “11510” heatsink and cooling fan @ 2600 RPM under 100% CPU load, heatsinks for memory and SSD
- Power Supply – 19V/6.32A (120W) via DC jack
- Dimensions – 168 x 120 x 43mm
Beelink announced the mini PC on Facebook with minimal details, but I got additional information from a reseller, who told CNX Software the GPU performance exceeds that of many entry-level desktop graphics cards and the system can run almost all AAA games smoothly at Full HD resolution. Cooling might be challenging, but Beelink commented “GTR6 TDP full form!!! NO Locked” in their Facebook announcement.
Beelink GTR6 will be sold as a barebone mini PC or a full system with 32GB RAM, 512GB SSD pre-loaded with Windows 11 Pro. We were told that people could also install Linux distributions of their choice such as openSUSE, CentOS and Ubuntu by themselves. Pricing has not been disclosed yet, but for reference, the Beelink GTR5 mini PC with an AMD Ryzen 9 5900HX processor is sold for around $665 with 32GB RAM and a 512GB SSD, so we should expect the GTR6’s price to be slightly higher. [Update: The GTR6 is now up on the Beelink store for $539 for the barebone model and $749 with 32GB DDR5 and a 512GB SSD. Shipping will start on November 15]
Jean-Luc started CNX Software in 2010 as a part-time endeavor, before quitting his job as a software engineering manager, and starting to write daily news, and reviews full time later in 2011.