There’s a plethora of mini PCs on the market, but due to their size, the ports are often placed on several sides which may make cable management troublesome. The JX1 mini PC, equipped with an Intel Celeron N5105 Jasper Lake processor, does not have this issue since all ports are accessible on the rear panel.
The computer ships with 8GB RAM, up to 256GB SSD, and the rear panel comes with two USB Type-C port, one for power only, a Gigabit Ethernet port, a 3.5mm headphone jack, an HDMI ports, and three USB 3.0 ports. You’ll still find the power button on the front panel, and wireless connectivity is supported through a WiFi 6 and Bluetooth 5.2 module.
JX1 mini PC specifications:
- SoC – Intel Celeron N5105 quad-core Jasper Lake processor @ 2.0GHz / 2.9GHz (Turbo) with Intel UHD graphics 605; 10W TDP
- System Memory – 8GB LPDDR4
- 128GB or, 256GB M.2 2280 SSD
- MicroSD card slot
- Video Output – 1x HDMI port, USB-C with DisplayPort Alt mode
- Audio – 3.5 audio jack, digital audio via HDMI
- Gigabit Ethernet RJ45 port
- Dual-band 802.11b/g/n/ac/ax WiFi 6 and Bluetooth 5.2
- USB – 3x USB 3.0 ports, 1x USB Type-C port with DisplayPort Alt mode
- Misc – Power button, copper heatsink plus cooling fan
- Power Supply – 12V/3A via USB Type-C connector
- Dimensions – 160 x 81.9 x 21.5 mm
- Weight – 127 grams
The mini PC ships with a power adapter and a user manual in English, and comes preloaded with Windows 11 operating system, but should also support Linux distributions such as Ubuntu which we’ve tested successfully with other Jasper Lake mini PCs in the past.
The JX1 mini PC is available on GeekBuying for $159.99 with 128 GB flash and $169.99 with 256GB storage. The prices appear to be discounted for Black Friday and Cyber Monday and may go up in a few days.
Jean-Luc started CNX Software in 2010 as a part-time endeavor, before quitting his job as a software engineering manager, and starting to write daily news, and reviews full time later in 2011.