T-Display-S3 Touch is an update to the T-Display-S3 “Basic” ESP32-S3 board that adds a 320×170 touchscreen using a CST816 I2C touchscreen sensor.
The rest of the specifications remains the same with an ESP32-S3R8 dual-core WiFi and Bluetooth LE microcontroller, 16MB flash, a 1.9-inch 320×170 color display, a USB Type-C port, a few I/Os, and support for a LiPo battery.
T-Display-S3 Touch specifications:
- Wireless MCU – Espressif Systems ESP32-S3R8 dual-core Tensilica LX7 @ up to 240 MHz with vector instructions for AI acceleration, 512KB RAM, 8MB PSRAM, wireless connectivity
- Storage – 16MB flash
- Connectivity via ESP32-S3
- 2.4 GHz 802.11 b/g/n Wi-Fi 4 with 40 MHz bandwidth support
- Bluetooth Low Energy (BLE) 5.0 connectivity with long-range support, up to 2Mbps data rate.
- PCB antenna and external u.FL antenna support
- Display – 1.9-inch 320×170 IPS full-color LCD using the ST7789V 8-bit parallel display controller and Shenzhen Zhengxin CST816 I2C touchscreen sensor.
- USB – 1x USB Type-C port for power and programming
- 2x 12-pin headers with up to 13x GPIO, 1x SPI, 10x ADC, SPI, UART, Touch interfaces, 5V, 3.3V, and GND
- 4-pin connector with 3.3V, GND, and 2x GPIOs/UART
- Misc – Boot, Reset, and user (IO14) buttons
- Power Supply
- 5V via USB Type-C port
- 2-pin 1.25mm pitch JST header for LiPo battery
- Dimensions – 62 x 26 x 10mm
The T-Display-S3 Touch ESP32-S3 board shares the same GitHub repository as the Basic version, and I can see a touchscreen Arduino sketch added in the last month, along with some updates for other samples to “modify the initialization code”.
LilyGO sells the T-Display-S3 Touch board on Aliexpress for $25.79 including shipping and on Amazon for $23.50. That means the touchscreen function adds around $4 to the cost of the Basic board.
Jean-Luc started CNX Software in 2010 as a part-time endeavor, before quitting his job as a software engineering manager, and starting to write daily news, and reviews full time later in 2011.
With font 3×5 (or with space, font 4×6), 320×170 can fit 80 cols 28 rows text.
Hm, tiny ascii vt100 terminal?
Sorry, that’s a temporary issue. The load on my 4-core server is 99 if I don’t enable Cloudflare “I’m under attack” mode, and the website is not accessible.
capacitive or resistive?
CST816 is a capacitance touch sensor.