KC12 is a mini PC powered by either an Intel Core i5-1240P or Core i7-1260P Alder Lake-P hybrid processor with up to 64GB DDR4, SATA and NVMe storage options, HDMI and DisplayPort for up to four 4K displays, as well as two 2.5GbE networking interfaces.
The actively-cooled computer also comes with six USB ports, four of which are USB 3.x, audio jacks for a headphone and a microphone, an optional WiFi 6 and Bluetooth 5.0 module, an RS232 COM port, and a Kensington lock slot.
KC12 mini PC specifications:
- Alder Lake-P SoC (one or the other)
- Intel Core i7-1260P 4P+8E (16 threads) processor @ 3.40/4.70GHz with Intel Xe graphics; 28W TDP
- Intel Core i5-1240P 4P+8E (16 threads) processor @ 3.30/4.40GHz with Intel Xe graphics; 28W TDP
- System Memory – Up to 64GB RAM via 2x SO-DIMM DDR4-2666/3200 sockets
- M.2 2280 SSD slot for SATA or NVMe PCIe Gen4 SSD
- M.2 2280 SSD slot for SATA SSD only
- SATA III port for 2.5-inch HDD or SSD
- Video Output
- 2x HDMI 2.0 up to 4Kp60
- 1x DisplayPort output up to 4Kp60
- 1x USB Type-C with DisplayPort Alt. mode.
- Audio – 3.5mm audio jack, 3.5mm microphone jack, digital audio output via HDMI and DisplayPort
- 2x 2.5GbE RJ45 ports
- Optional WiFi via M.2 2230 PCIe slot
- USB – 4x USB 3.1 ports, 1x USB Type-C port for data and display, 2x USB 2.0 ports
- Serial – 1x RS232 COM port (DB9)
- Misc – Power Button, Kensington lock slot
- Power Supply – 19VDC /4.74A via power jack
- Dimensions – 158 x 125 x 49mm (plastic enclosure)
The mini PC ships with a Quick User Guide, a power adapter, an HDMI cable, and a VESA bracket supporting 70×70 and 100x100mm mounts. The company only lists Windows 10 and Windows 11 as supported operating systems, but I don’t see why Linux distributions would not work as well since we’ve previously reviewed Beelink SEi12 Alder Lake mini PC with Ubuntu 22.04, and products such as the UP Xtreme i12 Edge mini PC based on the exact same Alder Lake P-series processor is offered with Ubuntu 22.04 and supports the Yocto Project 4.0.
I’m a little surprised the KC12 is not advertised as an 8K mini PC, because the Polywell Nano-U12P 8K digital signage with a range of Alder Lake-P processors supports HDMI 2.1 and DisplayPort 1.4 up to 8Kp60. Maybe I missed something and support for 8K requires some extra components and the manufacturer of the KC12 decided to go without those to cut on costs.
The KC12 mini PC can be purchased on Aliexpress for $387 for a Core i5-1240P barebone, $432 for a Core i7-1260P barebone, and up to $892 for a complete Core i7-1260P system with 64GB RAM and a 2TB SSD with Windows 10 Pro operating system. Shipping is included in the price, but European users will have to take into account the VAT.
Jean-Luc started CNX Software in 2010 as a part-time endeavor, before quitting his job as a software engineering manager, and starting to write daily news, and reviews full time later in 2011.