LILYGO T-RGB ESP32-S3 board was first introduced last year with a 2.1-inch round color touchscreen display, and the company has an update with a T-RGB board with a 2.8-inch display.
The new board still offers WiFi 4 and Bluetooth 5.0 connectivity, 8MB PSRAM, and 16MB flash storage, as well as a microSD card socket for storage, a Grove I2C connector for expansion, and LiPo battery support.
- SoC – Espressif ESP32-S3R8 dual-core Tensilica LX7 microcontroller up to 240 MHz with vector instructions for AI acceleration, 8MB PSRAM, WiFi 4 and Bluetooth 5.0 LE + Mesh connectivity
- Storage – 16MB SPI flash, MicroSD card socket
- Display – 2.8-inch round 18-bit RGB color IPS TFT display with 480×480 resolution (ST7701S SPI controller), 3-wire SPI touchscreen panel via GT911 controller
- USB – USB Type-C port for power and programming
- Expansion – Grove I2C connector
- Misc – BOOT and Reset buttons
- Power Supply
- 5V via USB Type-C port
- 1.25mm pitch connector for LiPo battery, battery capacity detection
- Dimensions – 96mm Ø x 18 mm
The company provides Arduino/PlatformIO samples for the T-RGB on GitHub, including a factory test program and some LVGL library samples. I can also a sample to use the 2.8-inch display with the ESP-IDF 5.0 framework. At this time, there are three T-RGB models: two with a 2.1-inch display, and the new one with a 2.8-inch display.
Jean-Luc started CNX Software in 2010 as a part-time endeavor, before quitting his job as a software engineering manager, and starting to write daily news, and reviews full time later in 2011.